BCD436HP/BCD536HP: Programming question

Status
Not open for further replies.

w6sev

Using Sentinel, is there a way to download/program a frequency list from one of the forums (namely FL MilAir)
to the scanner? I've tried looking but can't find any straight forward ideas.

Thanks for any help!

Ubbe

You have to take the route through Excel or the free Open Office Calc program. I find Open Office to be more user friendly and easy to use. I donated $10 as a good gesture.

Copy the frequencies and texts from the forum. Paste into Calc and select to use a fixed width so that the frequencies and texts goes into seperate columns.

Mark the first column, frequencies, by clicking the A at the top of the column and its contents will highlight. Copy and then paste into the first empty row in Sentinel and it will automaticly expand rows to cover all frequencies.

Do the same with the next column in Calc, texts. You probably will edit the texts first to fit into Sentinel and maybe you have several departments and only needs some frequencies and text to be pasted in.

If needed change the mode, delay and other parameters in Sentinel for the first record and copy paste to all other records by marking them the usual windows way,
click on first record and hold shift down and click on last record, and/or select-deselect by holding ctrl down.

/Ubbe

Status
Not open for further replies.