Programming Radio Shack Pro 106

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECS

ECS: I need help setting up my PRO 106. I live in Clear-water Florida. I want all of the police channel and anything else. I had it program when I had a old computer now my cord does not work because I have a new program. Any help. The U-Tube video is to fast for me.

Thanks

shadcall

You might have better luck getting an answer if you post in the Florida forum. Click on the triangle in the upper right hand corner (report problem) and ask the moderators to move your thread to the Florida forum. You should not post in both as cross posting is frowned upon.

AK9R

Lead Wiki Manager and almost an Awesome Moderator
Super Moderator
I need help setting up my PRO 106.
Some advice about forum etiquette:

You posted the same message three times. Since you are a new user, your forum posts have to be approved by a moderator. You will have to wait until a moderator approves your posts before you or anybody else can see them. So, don't keep reposting the same message just because you can see your posts.

Also, posting the same message in multiple threads is known as cross-posting and that's not allowed in the RadioReference forums.

Shadcall suggested that you report your earlier post so that a moderator would move your thread to the Florida forum. I happened to see Shadcall's suggestion, so I have moved your thread.

KD6IHY

I live in Largo, FL and have a Whistler WS1040. Its the same scanner for our conversation.

1. To start, Clearwater uses a "P25 Phase 2" Trunked System and your scanner can't decode the data of that system. you can't listen to it.

2. But, Pinellas County uses a "P25 Phase 1" Trunked System you can listen to. That covers Pinellas County Fire, EMS, Sheriff, and St Pete Police. So you can listen to most of the county but not Clearwater.

3. Learning to manually program a Trunking Scanner is a weeks long ordeal, but necessary to get the most out of your scanner.

4. Its easy to 'share' programming data with the same type of scanner but the scanners need to be plugged into each other, in person. Otherwise you need a programming cable and a programming program. I use "WIN500".

5. Take my advice, get the programming cable, programming program, and a Premium Membership with RadioReference. It will save you from days and days (and days) of typing.

6. The best place to start with manually programming a P25 Trunked System is to just program a Trunked System (TSYS) with one Control Channel (CC). You will hear everything and not know who the Talkgroup (TGRP) belongs to, but its still fun to listen to. You can look up the TGRP ID here on RadioReference. you can press F1 to Lock Out (L/OUT) scrambled TGRP's.

HINT: The best CC for you for Pinellas County Public Services is 851.200Mhz.

A better manual for your scanner, but still technical...
Easier to Read Pro-651/652/106/197 - WS1040/1065 - PSR 500/600 Digital Scanner Manual

RadioReference's page for Pinellas County (note: the county 'Motorola Type II SmartZone' Trunked System is not used any more, use the 'P25' trunked system.
https://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?ctid=367

I will try to answer any other questions you have, KD6IHY

Status
Not open for further replies.