Programming Radio Shack Pro 96

Status
Not open for further replies.

idle00955

can i put two seperate trucking mot systems in the same bank? will it scan both trucnking system and not make it like one big system. just want to make sure i can put two seperate ones in one bank. im useing the win96 sftware as well.

also can i add conv channels as well in a trucking bank. i know i can change the bank from what ever system i want and make each channel the system so can i do that?

Last edited:

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
I believe you can, so long as you seperate the systems with a single conventional channel. The channel need not be (and as I understand it, should not be) something used in your area.

Someone can jump in here and correct me...

73 Mike

n2mdk

I believe it will work without a conventional frequency programmed in, but a lot of people simply enter 1200.00 into a channel to seperate 2 Moto systems.

idle00955

do i have to lock the channl out or leave it open. also can i have conv fm channels int he group as well?

Bucko

A dummy FM only freq works fine to separate the MOT CC but needs to be a freq, not blank. Example I use 894.000 to separate my 800mz CC's and attenuate it.

LEH

Premium Subscriber
yes, you can include conventional channels in the same bank. Just don't set the mode to MOT. Make it FM or what ever the PL code name mode is on the 96. If the conventional is occasionally digital set it to FM or it won't receive.

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
Default in scanner or Win96 is FM when entering a conventional frequency.

To answer
also can i add conv channels as well in a trucking bank
yes you can, however, if a trunking system is active, programming conventional frequencies or a second Motorola or P25 trunking system will certainly interfere with good trunking. Conventional frequencies can be programmed in any channel number in a Motorola or P25 bank so splitting two systems control's is feasible with active conventional frequencies.

Status
Not open for further replies.