Programming same pager tones into pager

Status
Not open for further replies.

WilliamAlborn

I was listening to my uniden scanner the other day and I found a new all county page. The new pager tones are tone a: 1006.9 tone b:979.9. So I programmed it into my minitor v pager in the user format and it would not take. I did some checking and found out Monroe has the same type tones but theirs is for fire department tones not all county. How did they overcome this? If anybody can help I would appreciate this. Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

The tones reported by the scanner are rarely the exact tones in use. They can be up to 4% off frequency, which can be enough error on higher frequency tones to keep them from working. It is helpful to know which paging format is being used so the correct tones can be selected.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
1006.9 and 979.9 are standard Motorola QCII tones. When you program them into the Minitor V in User Mode, is it changing them slightly? Maybe to something like 1006.3 or 1007.2? If so, that is actually expected behavior and is fine. The software will usually adjust the tones slightly automatically like that.

WilliamAlborn

I will give this a try and let you know. It is possible my scanner is not accurate either. Sometimes it reads with one tone then it could be two tones. Could be for fire or ambulance the single tone version does not work in pager but the scanner does? The single tone version is tone a992.0 tone b0. Pager won't read this when I put it in the regular area where the tones go, thanks of this helps explain what is going on. The only tone that won't work for me.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
To program a single long tone into a Minitor, it has to go in one of the Group Call slots at the bottom of the Call Tone screen. You might have to set the Coding Option to R168 (None) first to allow all the options on the page.

WilliamAlborn

How many towns can I listen to when I do this? Can I listen to Ontario and Lincoln or only one town?

WilliamAlborn

What I am trying to do is get my pager to go off whenever they make announcements. My uniden scanner says the tones are correct but the pager says otherwise. This is just a hobby of mine I am not in any agency I just like listening to them without a scanner talking all the time. I tried the fire agencies but they could not help because I am not inn the fire department. So all I have left is the Internet to turn to. Plus this is the only website that has part of what I am looking for

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What I am trying to do is get my pager to go off whenever they make announcements. My uniden scanner says the tones are correct but the pager says otherwise. This is just a hobby of mine I am not in any agency I just like listening to them without a scanner talking all the time. I tried the fire agencies but they could not help because I am not inn the fire department. So all I have left is the Internet to turn to. Plus this is the only website that has part of what I am looking for

You can have 8 A-B tone codes and 4 long single tones for each channel in your MInitor V. I have no idea how much Wayne County uses long single tones these days, but you should be able to have your pager alert for as many as 8 different departments as long as you only use one slot for each department.

WilliamAlborn

What does Monroe county use for their all county tones for the announcements? Maybe they might work for Wayne?

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
What does Monroe county use for their all county tones for the announcements? Maybe they might work for Wayne?

Monroe uses their digital paging system for most of that stuff now, and even if they did tone and voice announcements, they'd be on a different frequency and certainly the tones would not be remotely similar, let alone the same.

D

DaveNF2G

It sounds like you are trying to "decode" the console alert tones. Those are just "beeps" at various frequencies, and are rarely long enough to trip a pager.

Status
Not open for further replies.