programming scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

lynndeb

I have paid for the subscription to download onto my scanner. I installed the software but when tells to choose the place there is no icons there to choose for where to put it. I can't even see where to get the download I paid for besides the trial one.

jfhtm350

I believe RR has recently changed the way their database works, so you have to have the latest version of the software to download from the database. What kind of scanner and software are you using?

trkntrlrman

RS-PRO 34, RS-PRO 60, BCD396XT, BCD996XT, SDS200
Premium Subscriber
don't know what softwear your useing, but if you download Freescan, and go into file download, choose either conventional, or trunked data, and put your information into the RR section it will let you download what ever information you want to the scanner, but you first have to have the computer connection and usb connector to hook up to the scanner. If your connected right it should work fine, i use it almost daily...

gmclam

Premium Subscriber
I have paid for the subscription to download onto my scanner. I installed the software but when tells to choose the place there is no icons there to choose for where to put it. I can't even see where to get the download I paid for besides the trial one.
We need to know what scanner model you are programming, what software you are using and ideally what agency you are trying to program. However, generally speaking, the process is to use the software to "import" frequencies from the RR database and then from that same software, upload the programming information to the scanner. The steps of importing have differences depending on the type of system you want to program, and the software/scanner being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.