Programming Software for SDS100

xzebra007

Looking to purchase a SDS100 and was wondering what the difference is between the different software out there. Considering ARC536 or Proscan, not sure which is better and also noticed ARC536 has a basic and pro version. Any suggestions/ feedback would be greatly appreciated.

iMONITOR

Premium Subscriber
You need to use Sentinel for firmware and database updates. I prefer Butel's ARC536 PRO for programming, only because old habits are hard to break. I've been using ARC for decades for programming all Uniden scanners. I prefer Proscan for everything else. It's awesome for setting options, logging and especially computer/remote control and display.

Butel and ProScan both have free 30-day downloads to try. Support is excellent on both products!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking to purchase a SDS100 and was wondering what the difference is between the different software out there. Considering ARC536 or Proscan, not sure which is better and also noticed ARC536 has a basic and pro version. Any suggestions/ feedback would be greatly appreciated.
The major difference between ARC536 Basic & Pro is that the Pro version adds virtual control and logging. The Basic version is about $40 and the Pro version just under $70.
ProScan is $50, and includes logging & virtual control, plus a number of other features. I use ProScan. But both programs do have a trial period, so you can download each and see which you like better. Both programs have free updates whenever corrections or additional features are added.