Programming Software for SDS100

Status
Not open for further replies.

xzebra007

Looking to purchase a SDS100 and was wondering what the difference is between the different software out there. Considering ARC536 or Proscan, not sure which is better and also noticed ARC536 has a basic and pro version. Any suggestions/ feedback would be greatly appreciated.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
You need to use Sentinel for firmware and database updates. I prefer Butel's ARC536 PRO for programming, only because old habits are hard to break. I've been using ARC for decades for programming all Uniden scanners. I prefer Proscan for everything else. It's awesome for setting options, logging and especially computer/remote control and display.

Butel and ProScan both have free 30-day downloads to try. Support is excellent on both products!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking to purchase a SDS100 and was wondering what the difference is between the different software out there. Considering ARC536 or Proscan, not sure which is better and also noticed ARC536 has a basic and pro version. Any suggestions/ feedback would be greatly appreciated.
The major difference between ARC536 Basic & Pro is that the Pro version adds virtual control and logging. The Basic version is about $40 and the Pro version just under $70.
ProScan is $50, and includes logging & virtual control, plus a number of other features. I use ProScan. But both programs do have a trial period, so you can download each and see which you like better. Both programs have free updates whenever corrections or additional features are added.

Status
Not open for further replies.