• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

Programming Software

Status
Not open for further replies.

admin256

Being a newbie to Unication pagers is there any one software over the other that make programming not as difficult or can someone maybe recommend the names of some YouTube video tutorials who slowly explain the programming process
Many thanks
Mark

radio3353

Unication's PPS software is your only choice. Here are two good videos regarding programming using PPS:
Unication PPS Video
ComputerPro PPS Video

While the PPS programming software may seem intimidating at first, spend some time with it after watching the videos and it will become more understandable.

Have fun. The Unications are great radios and about to get better with the future firmware that will add scanning capability.

Netupsar

I agree with r3353 . I described it as a Linda Blair style hairpin learning curve.
After years of many Butel progs, ProScan and the various GRE/RS programs, I was not understanding.
Watch and learn, no easy way. Nothing like breaking a working setup to get you motivated!
LOOK at the ZONE settings. If you mess around there, you may have to clean up some assignments.
For instance, I deleted an analog channel to put a priority scan with the whole analog group. BUT, I deleted the frequency and had to re add that single freq back elsewhere to get it in the priority scan list.

I think they did a very good job with the tab lettering/numbering system. Much better than many programing sw sets I used in house at 3M , Kodak, or Carestream Health. The flow and the help is really all you need, just don't thrash in the quicksand till you see how it works .

One13Truck

Feed Provider
I’ve had my G1 for a few years. The programming can be “interesting”. Not nearly as easy as when I decide to tweak my Uniden’s, Gre’s, or MINITOR V. Probably because I only tweak all of them a couple times a year at most. But out of all of them the G1 is the one that makes me curse and spend a few extra minutes trying to remember where to go to to do what I want to do. Once I remember it’s pretty straightforward. It’s just getting there that’s the adventure.

Right now my county is still running an old VHF conventional system but is in the middle of converting to P25. I’m dreading but also looking forward to picking up a new pager when we switch and figuring all of that out next.

Status
Not open for further replies.