Programming Software?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know where Programming software is Available for the Kenwood TM-271 mobile unit? Although it is mic programmable I would rather use software than a mic for accurance. Cause I have a buddy more than likely going to purchase one off of ebay link is below:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-TM-271A...ryZ40067QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Would like to hear any suggestions on the unit? if this one is not the best for fire department use give me a link and some info to go on and he will probably change his mind. what ever radio we choose we will need a software disk and a programming cable cause programming now days is way too high.

Phillip Garrett
Bedford Fire and Rescue
Bedford, Kentucky 40006
(C) 502-269-1848 Give me a call anytime day or night if I do not answer please leave a message and I will get back with you ASAP

trashman43

Kentucky DB Admin...
Database Admin
The radio in the link is not for use on public safety frequencies, it is a 2meter ham radio. If you look at the description it says it can be modified for mars/cap. Out of the box it will only transmit from 144-148 mhz.
If you want a Kenwood that is computer programable you might look for something like a TK-780 or the newer TK-7180
here is a used 780
http://cgi.ebay.com/Kenwood-TK-780_...ryZ56988QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Radio Specs

Thanks for that info. On top of it not being in my bandwith my radio dealer will not program it cause its a ham operators radio and you have to have a license to use it. But we ended up going with the NEW Kenwood TK-760 mobile for $323 when the radio shop priced us over $500 what a deal. I might need to know where to find some programming software for the tk-760 cause my version might be out to date. I might need further help once I get the radio in.

Status
Not open for further replies.