Programming Talk Groups on TRX-1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
This question is in regards to programming groups of talk group IDs in trunking systems. For example, on the Uniden 996xt you can program up to 10 talk groups with multiple IDs in each group. So, under Trunk System XYZ, you can have a group of TGIDs for police, another for fire, etc. With EZ Scan for the TRX-1 it looks like this is not possible. I guess the workaround is to duplicate the basic system info into a different scanlist and add the desired talk group IDs. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Swipesy

This question is in regards to programming groups of talk group IDs in trunking systems. For example, on the Uniden 996xt you can program up to 10 talk groups with multiple IDs in each group. So, under Trunk System XYZ, you can have a group of TGIDs for police, another for fire, etc. With EZ Scan for the TRX-1 it looks like this is not possible. I guess the workaround is to duplicate the basic system info into a different scanlist and add the desired talk group IDs. Is this correct? Thanks in advance.

Not exactly correct. The Whistler(GRE) brand radios are programmed as such -

1. Create a System
2. Add all Talkgroups that you want to the Talkgroup Tab under the programmed system.
3. You now have several options (a) create a seperated ScanList for each type unit, ie, police, fire, etc and assign the unit to the ScanList (preferred method), or (b) leave all units assigned to one ScanList and give the Talkgroup a unique LED Color, i.e. blue - police, red - fire, etc. The problem with using this method is that you cannot turn on/off at will the unit.

Ubbe

I guess the workaround is to duplicate the basic system info into a different scanlist and add the desired talk group IDs.

I create a dummy system of the same type and leave it blank, don't add any sites or frequencies only the TG's.

The only drawback are the long "preparing" times whenever you would like to quickly enable or disable a department.

/Ubbe

Oakland_Tower

Premium Subscriber
Thanks guys. I did program the preferred method (a) above. This was easier than I thought. The unit should arrive tomorrow so we'll find out then how the programming went then. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.