programming the 296D questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutWrench

Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
43
Reaction score
0
Location
Lake Charles, LA
I am going to be getting a new/used 296D this week so I went ahead and installed the OEM software to start making a file and have a couple questions. I have programmed my Pro-95 by hand several times and with win95 but it appears the Uniden is a whole new deal.

1- All the systems where I live are analog so I need to know which option to select in the "trunk system settings"...Motorola type2/APCO 800mhz is what it looks like I should select right? There are no digital systems here that I know of yet.

2-Status bit?? I dont know exactly what this is. I have read the glossary un the Uniden manual but i still don't get it. I am a slow learner. :)

3- Activity ID???

4- End of tone???


Heres a link to the systems I will be scanning if it will help. http://www.radioreference.com/modules.php?name=RR&ctid=1118

Anything else you guys could tell me I need to do to get her trunking I would appriciate it.



Thanks,
Derek
 

BiGtRuNk

Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
The bottom section of the uniden software is for trunking only, none of these settings applys to conventional frequencys.

Just make sure the ' Trunk Bank On/Off " is set to Off before programming the bank or banks.
 

BiGtRuNk

Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
Yes you are correct the "Motorola type 2/APCO25 800 MHZ" will be the correct selection.

This selection works for both analog and p25 digital systems,it automatically can switch back and forth if there ever happens to be a P25 digital transmission on one of the trunk systems you may have programed on.
 

Gadgetmann

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
396
Reaction score
34
296 programming using ARC250

I am trying to import some freqs/talkgroups...example the MSU 800 mhz trunked system. I have used the ADI and webcatcher and am able to import the freqs but the talk groups and ID's do not show up. What am I missing? thanks
 

BiGtRuNk

Member
Joined
May 19, 2005
Messages
41
Reaction score
0
Location
Alabama
The ADI only transfers frequency's not talkgroup ID's.
I wish it would do ID's.
 

Gadgetmann

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Mar 27, 2004
Messages
396
Reaction score
34
So I need to manually put in the ID, tag and scan list tag?
 

motomeso

Member
Premium Subscriber
Joined
Dec 19, 2002
Messages
952
Reaction score
28
Location
Ontario
You also want the status bit turned on so you don't mistake patched talkgroups for new ones and have the scanner detect the end tone so it will return to the control channel quicker to catch the next side of the conversation.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top