Programming the 97 from RR database?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRLarson

As a new user, and a new subscriber to RR, how, or can you, load the info on RR directly into my RS 97. The trunking setup is FM to me.

n2mdk

To get the RR info into the software use this menu.

Attachments

• Win97.jpg
    Win97.jpg
    78.8 KB · Views: 144

DRLarson

Interface cable

Yes...I have an RS #20-047 cable. It has an orange case inline. Is that the correct one? I read somewhere that the RS #20-048 cable doesn't work.

DonS

DRLarson said:
Yes...I have an RS #20-047 cable. It has an orange case inline. Is that the correct one? I read somewhere that the RS #20-048 cable doesn't work.
Have you installed the drivers for the cable (from the CD that should've been included with the cable)?

If so, when you plug the cable into a USB port on your computer, Windows will assing a "COM port" to the cable. To determine the COM port assignment, you'll likely need to go into Device Manager (right-click on the My Computer icon on the desktop, select "Manage", then click on the "Device Manager" item). Look under "Ports (COM & LPT)". There should be an entry for a "USB Serial Port". The COM port number for that entry is what you need.

In Win97, if you're using that program, go to Configuration -> Serial Port. Select the COM port number determined above. Win97 will then let you download from / upload to the scanner (look at the "Scanner" menu).

Status
Not open for further replies.