WS1040: programming the ws1040

k4nak

Just purchased the ws1040, a premium subscription to r.r. and installed arc500. When I load conventional frequencies into the scanner I'm hearing nothing but data audio on my local dispatch, shows to be DMR mode, what am i doing wrong?

hill

Premium Subscriber
The WS1040 doesn't decode DMR.

You would need one of the newer Uniden scanners with the paid DMR upgrade or Whistler TRX-1 or TRX-2.

It is also best to tell where you are what you want to receive.

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Just purchased the ws1040, a premium subscription to r.r. and installed arc500. When I load conventional frequencies into the scanner I'm hearing nothing but data audio on my local dispatch, shows to be DMR mode, what am i doing wrong?
-
The Whistler WS1040 was first released as the PSR500 by GRE in late 2007. The same technology in that scanner at that time has been re-badged several times as the Radio Shack Pro106, the Radio Shack Pro-651, and presently as the WS1040.

The capabilities of that design date back over 15 years at this point in time. They were not capable of some present day modes such as ProVoice, NXDN, and DMR. As mentioned above, you'll need a much more recent scanner to monitor DMR. This link will show you DMR capable scanners: