WS1080: Programming Two Distinct Scanners-One PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

scansalot52

I want to use one PC to program two different WS1080s. One for me and one for a friend. I want to keep the data completely separate from each other. I tried adding characters to the end of the file and that is not working. Using the restore from archive gives only partial success. Some data loads correctly, but the program won't import everything.
Its beyond my knowledge . The RR search function is also giving me fits. Point me to a link or instruct me as to how to accomplish please.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Separate files

I have done this by installing the second program install into a different folder. When the installation shows you the folder path it creates, you should be able to edit the folder name and save in the newly named folder. If a shortcut is created on the desktop, rename them to correspond with the folders.

Blackswan73

Don't need two program installs, just save the data to separate files. When you save the setup, it will ask for a file name for each configuration you want to save.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Some radios, like the PSR 800, do not use a standard "save as" function and automatically name the data, so you cannot use file names or file folders to keep them apart.

TAbirdman

Some radios, like the PSR 800, do not use a standard "save as" function and automatically name the data, so you cannot use file names or file folders to keep them apart.
Sure you can, I do it all the time. The program creates a default file name but simply rename it to what you want, just have to keep the .zip extension.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

DJ11DLN

This is why I just do the separate install thing. It's cumbersome but it works, and with something like 920 gb free on my HDD, I don't think it's crowding me. And unlike a lot of other stuff, none of my scanner software starts on boot and sits there in the background doing nothing and eating system resources.

OP, it won't hurt a thing to have separate installs. Do whatever works best for you.

WhistlerWendy

Premium Subscriber
I want to use one PC to program two different WS1080s. One for me and one for a friend. I want to keep the data completely separate from each other. I tried adding characters to the end of the file and that is not working. Using the restore from archive gives only partial success. Some data loads correctly, but the program won't import everything.
Its beyond my knowledge . The RR search function is also giving me fits. Point me to a link or instruct me as to how to accomplish please.

Hi Scansalot -

The -d command line switch will allow the you to specify where the program will store it's data. The syntax is as follows:

ezscan.exe -d <filepath>

Where file path is the full path to where the application should create it's data folder tree. The app will run the first time like a new installation. All PC Application settings will be reset to factory default. The best way to use this feature is to create a shortcut with the desired path.

The PC App must have read/write permissions in the selected location.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Hi Scansalot -

The -d command line switch will allow the you to specify where the program will store it's data. The syntax is as follows:

ezscan.exe -d <filepath>

Where file path is the full path to where the application should create it's data folder tree. The app will run the first time like a new installation. All PC Application settings will be reset to factory default. The best way to use this feature is to create a shortcut with the desired path.

The PC App must have read/write permissions in the selected location.

Thought I found the magic bullet that would keep me from having to manually select the save folder every time I save an archive, but no joy.

EZScan doesn't like the space between my names in the folder name (Tom Swisher). It keeps creating a new user folder labeled TOM. Tried several potential solutions but no go.

Oh well, back to square one.

wa8pyr

Technischer Guru
Staff member
Lead Database Admin
Put the folder name in quotes. i.e. ezscan.exe -d "c:\Tom Swisher" and see if that works.

Partial success. It installed the program files in the proper location, but still wants to default to "My Documents" when saving the archive files, instead of the TRX-1 folder I want them in.

I suspect what's needed is a way to modify the File Save location.

Back to the drawing board. . .

Status
Not open for further replies.