Programming TYT 380/390 for scanning

Status
Not open for further replies.

VE3MTQ

Premium Subscriber
Looking for info or direction for programming the UHF TYT radios. Interested in listening to Guelph City Operations, (my employer) which I believe is on Fleetnet.

highstupid

Banned
Looking for info or direction for programming the UHF TYT radios. Interested in listening to Guelph City Operations, (my employer) which I believe is on Fleetnet.

Guelph City is not on FleetNet. Only Guelph Police and Guelph Fire are FleetNet which your radio is useless for since it's a different digital and encrypted.

Guelph city has its own http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8334 System

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
VE3MTQ said he wanted to Guelph City Operations, not emergency services. City OPs are MotoTRBO Capacity Plus which he most definitely can monitor with a TYT radio. (As mentioned above, see: http://www.radioreference.com/apps/db/?sid=8334)

That Cap+ system has 5 channels on it, so in a nutshell:
- enter the talkgroups you wish to monitor as digital group contacts
- make an RX group list and put these contacts into it
- program in each of the 5 channels twice (each frequency with both time slots)
- set those channels to autoscan
- assign the RX group list to these channels
- make a scan list containing the 10 channels (5 freqs x2 to cover both time slots) and assign the scan list to each of the 10 channels
- add the 10 channels to a zone

That's the quick a dirty way of doing it. If you want to be able to sit on an individual talkgroup then it gets a little more involved.

teufler

thanks, FORTS, your added to a 390 is top the point. On an idvidual talk group, can't you just kerchunk the radio, assuming you had the privilege of using the frequency;s. I'm satill learning about the 3290 but doesn't that stop a scan?

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Negative.... you don't want to be making any transmissions at all while monitoring a commercial system. In the setup I listed above that's one point I left out... all channels should be set to RX only.

Status
Not open for further replies.