Programming Uniden Sentinel for SAFE-T

ScanNEIN

I have a Sentinel/SDS100 question specific to SAFE-T. Back into a Uniden after not having one forever (used to GRE's). I have watched several YouTubes and read the manual and still struggling. When it comes to sites, I thought I selected them just like the talkgroups I wanted. But when I saved it, every site for the entire system imported over into my favorites list. I had to go back and take all the ones out I didn't want. Is there another way to select the sites I want? Another issue, I built a new favorites list, it is showing in the scanner and in Sentinel, monitor is on but it is not scanning it. Suggestions? Anyone willing to help me, it would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you want.

ScanNEIN

I have a Sentinel/SDS100 question specific to SAFE-T. Back into a Uniden after not having one forever (used to GRE's). I have watched several YouTubes and read the manual and still struggling. When it comes to sites, I thought I selected them just like the talkgroups I wanted. But when I saved it, every site for the entire system imported over into my favorites list. I had to go back and take all the ones out I didn't want. Is there another way to select the sites I want? Another issue, I built a new favorites list, it is showing in the scanner and in Sentinel, monitor is on but it is not scanning it. Suggestions? Anyone willing to help me, it would be greatly appreciated. PM me if you want.
Discovered my issue with not scanning a new favorites list. I assigned a QC to it and it was not on.
I do have other favorite lists that show up in Sentinel but nowhere on my scanner. That one perplexes me.

mc48

Premium Subscriber
You can turn sites on & off with a Q-key, by using site hold or avoiding. If you want a system enabled, you set that with the Q-keys status in the profile.

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
I do have other favorite lists that show up in Sentinel but nowhere on my scanner. That one perplexes me.
Do said FLs that are "nowhere on scanner" appear as lists to monitor?
MENU > SET SCAN SELECTION > SELECT LISTS TO MONITOR
If FLs appear here, make sure they're set to ON
If not, try another WRITE TO SCANNER via Sentinel

ScanNEIN

Alright, another odd situation I encountered. Appended several sites, then removed several from the favorites list. But, accidentally removed one I didn't want to. How do I add that site now?

mc48

Premium Subscriber
Copy frequencies from main database and paste into a new site added into the existing system edit page.
You will have to manually input the location info and NAC the same way.