BCD396XT/BCD996XT: Programming viper p25 into uniden bcd996xt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barnes13

I realy cannot figure this out!!! I have used the easier to read manual for the 996xt, I have also used the freescan software using the import trunked system from radio reference. I live in Rutherford county NC and the only police department using the viper p25 system is the town of Spindale. I've programmed there channels conventionally as well as digitally, tried the diffrent p25 setups ( p25 standard,single trunked etc.) and still hear nothing. Also it really shouldn't be a range issue I only live about 3 minuets away. If anyone has experience programming the viper p25 into a uniden 996xt please help.

Barnes13

Help programming the NC VIPER P25 into 996xt

I realy cannot figure this out!!! I have used the easier to read manual for the 996xt, I have also used the freescan software using the import trunked system from radio reference. I live in Rutherford county NC and the only police department using the viper p25 system is the town of Spindale. I've programmed there channels conventionally as well as digitally, tried the diffrent p25 setups ( p25 standard,single trunked etc.) and still hear nothing. Also it really shouldn't be a range issue I only live about 3 minuets away. If anyone has experience programming the viper p25 into a uniden 996xt please help.

ka3nxn

Premium Subscriber
I have had the same issue. I have the same scanner too. I believe from what another listener told me is that they are changing their control channels weekly to prevent scanner listeners. And the RR database is unfortunately always behind. The only thing I can think of is to program every control channel into your scanner and have them all live so you have to eventually get the right frequency. There is a limited number of control frequencies, but how many I don't know. This system has been a nightmare ever since it went live.

hiyudurin

To monitor the Spindale VIPER site, program the site type as P25 standard. Then program frequency control channel 853.8500. Then set your scanner to id search instead of id scan. You should hear some traffic that way.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good

If you've just programmed the channels in as conventional channels and still can't hear anything then for some reason or another the signal is not getting into your scanner. This could be due to weak signal, bad antenna, or both. If you can hear other things with the same antenna that rules the antenna out and the problem is a weak signal coming from that VIPER system. At the very least you should at least be able to hear the control channel(s).

Status
Not open for further replies.