Programming wildcard in bank 10 in pro-106

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am trying to program a wildcard in bank 10 of my pro-106. I have done this step by step according to some paper work I found. This worked in bank 9 using the chase repeater in Franklin parish. I programed several cc in bank 10 and set it to scan. The problem is bank 3 and 9 do not blink but work. Bank 10 blinks and nothing. I think that I missed a step somewhere. Any ideas.

We do not have a computer, just a tablet. This is why I always ask for step by step instructions. When somebody does post I write these in a special note book.

Thank you

hill

Premium Subscriber
Found this link below in about 5 secs of searching the web. Google is your friend to find this information. It's kind of easy to do, but always use software. I do use this method when out without the computer.

Also linked the easier to read online manual to this scanner series. It has a whole section on creating objects.

Going forward this sites should help you in using your PRO-106 and you shouldn't need any more assistance.

I have tried both methods stated above. After I finished installing the CC and AT it says to go to tkgp, but I cannot find it. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you

737mech

Premium Subscriber
What repeater or agency are you trying to monitor is it part of the LWIN or Entergy system? Those are the only trunked systems in the database on radioreference for Franklin County. Post what exactly you want I will post a screenshot and step by step how to load it.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok here we go Chase site of the LWIN system and wildcard on scanlist 10.
Step 1 press PGM
Step 2 press F1
Step 3 Press F1 again
Step 4 Press SEL notice the asterix by 01 Press SEL to put asterix on or off
Step 5 Press > changes 01 to 02 keep pressing until it shows 10
Step 6 Press SEL asterix now by 10 *10
Step 7 Press down arrow located just below SEL
Step 8 Press SEL
Step 9 Press > three times until you see P25 Auto
Step 10 Press down arrow
Step 11 Press >
Step 12 Press FUNC
Step 13 Press CL
Step 14 Press 5
Step 15 Press 3 notice the L below Tag:
Step 16 Press 9
Step 17 Press 1 Notice the W next to the L
Step 18 Press 4
Step 19 Press 3 notice the I next to W
Step 20 Press 6
Step 21 Press 2 notice the N next to I
Step 22 Press F1
Step 23 Press down arrow
Step 24 Press SEL
Step 25 Press SEL again
Step 26 Press 774.30625
Step 27 Press F1
Step 28 Press down arrow
Step 29 Press SEL
Step 30 Press 774.80625
Step 31 Press F1
Step 32 Press F1 again
Step 33 Press F1 again
Step 34 Press SCAN
Step 35 if Scanlist 10 is not shown Press 0 (Zero) and you will see 10

That's a lot of steps but you now have LWIN system P25 monitoring the Chase Site CC and Alt CC. As the wildcard works you will have a number pop up those are the talkgroups you are recieving.

Last edited:
Thank you very much. I hate to ask this, but could you please post step by step instructions to program a normal system using the chase repeater cc and acc. I had Franklin Parish programmed in scanlist 3 but somehow I changed the CC and ACC and I cannot figure out how to correct this. THANK YOU IN ADVANCE

737mech

Premium Subscriber
You mean the franklin site of the same LWIN system?
Not sure what you mean normal system? If you are looking at the database the old conventional channels from Chase are no longer in use.
Steps 26 and 30 is all you need to change for another site just go to the next line in step 25 and so on.

Yes, I meant the chase site in franklin parish ( LWIN). I will program scanlist 9 or 10 as a wildcard, but i want to program scanlist 3 without a wildcard, so that i can program only IDs in franklin parish.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Ok if you followed my steps you have the system it's ok.
Now sorting talkgroups is easy. You need not program LWIN to every scanlist.
That's not how these scanner work.
The Talkgroup ID's are "Objects" like children in a school. LWIN is the school the scanner already has it established.
Think of the scanlists as classrooms.
You can sort however you like. Talkgroup 1234 in scanlist 1 or all or any combination you want.

737mech

Premium Subscriber
To sort things out
Step 1 press pgm
Step 2 press F1
Step 3 press SEL (Scanlist line) to get rid of asterix next to 01 and right arrow to two times to 03
Step 4 press SEL to put asterix next to 03
Step 5 press down arrow twice leave the Tsys as LWIN
Step 6 press SEL (on the ID: Wildcard line)
Step 7 press Func
Step 8 press CL
Step 9 press the talkgroup numbers you want to program for that id (The DEC numbers on the left column of the database)
Step 10 press F1
Step 11 press down arrow twice (Tag ID: wild) line
Step 12 press SEL
Step 13 Press FUNC
Step 14 Press CL
Step 15 enter your preferred name. Text editing steps like we did for LWIN first the position of the letter hit 2 then 1 you will get "A"
You see the letters on the keyboard from 2-9? 2 for example is ABC so 2 then 2 again is "B" 2 then 3 is "C" If you hit 1 then a number you get the number. 1 then 9 you get 9 Hit 9 then 1 you get "W"
Continue until you have what you want for a label
If you make a mistake press CL and start over.
Step 16 press F1 (Done)
Step 17 press F1 again (Save)
Press scan

Happy scanning!

737mech

Premium Subscriber
One more thing as the wildcard finds stuff you want to keep you have to be quick when they are talking press F3 (Stor)
They will be saved by default in scanlist 1 You will have to go back to PGM and find it and change the asterix for that object (talkgroup).

737mech

Premium Subscriber
Yes, I meant the chase site in franklin parish ( LWIN). I will program scanlist 9 or 10 as a wildcard, but i want to program scanlist 3 without a wildcard, so that i can program only IDs in franklin parish.
You are not understanding the "Objects" concept. Only 1 wildcard needs to be programmed. You can then place an asterix on the scanlists you want it to be.
Step 1 Press PGM
Step 2 press F1
Step 3 press F1 again verify LWIN is on the TSYS: line it should look like this (TSYS: LWIN)
Step 4 press right arrow until you get to the scanlist number you want
Step 5 press SEL notice the asterix shows up? You can put this on any scanlist 1-20 your choice. Multiple times 1 3 5 7 9 whatever you want.
Step 6 press F1

Last edited:
How do I program CC and ACCs and then IDs and then tags. I have a type of dementia (early stage). So I am writing this information in a 3 subject notebook. I hope I am not being a bother. I really appreciate you taking the time to do this.
Have a blessed and safe day...

737mech

Premium Subscriber
The cc and acc are those frequencies entered in step 26. The 774.30625 numbers. You can pick up there and enter more lines I think up to 16.

To enter id’s please read previous post #12. Step 6

To tag the id’s post #12 step13-15

Status
Not open for further replies.