programming wildcards in Sentinel?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kma371

QRT
First, I'm new to these newer HP type Uniden radios' so I have a question on programming using Sentinel.

I monitor a large regional P25 radio system in the SF Bay Area with probably over 10000 radios. Agency "A" always uses radios with the same first four digits, 1234### for example. Is there a way to create an alpha tag in Sentinel with only the first four digits and wildcard the rest? There is just way to many radios to program them all in. I looked around in the manual but didn't see anything that jumped out at me on how to do it.

Thanks.

marksmith

Nope. I have 10000 radios in my local system too. Get a dongle and unitrunker and start giving those radios a name.

Then you can export to excel or something and build yourself a file to upload to Sentinel.

Sent from my LG-V410 using Tapatalk

kma371

QRT
Ah that's lame. Ok. What's the max number of radio IDs you can add per system in Sentinel?

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Ah that's lame. Ok. What's the max number of radio IDs you can add per system in Sentinel?
There's not a 'hard' limit on radio ID's per se. However, the limit is that the Favorites list cannot exceed 1Mb in size.I have a couple of lists with only one system each, but with 10K+ UID's each, that run over 550kb.

Status
Not open for further replies.