Programming WS1040 for Lewis County Was: Old Newbe

Status
Not open for further replies.

diggerDS

Just bought a ws1040. Thought we could figure out how to do the computer stuff. NOT. Any help in Lewis County?

JD21960

Premium Subscriber
YOU TUBE is full of videos for that exact model on how to program it.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
So original poster I looked up your county and amazingly it is all VHF High frequencies for your sheriff and fire department and neighboring police departments. I haven't handled a PSR 500 in about 12 years but in its day it was a great radio and is now rebranded as the 1040 by Whistler. Radio shack sold two rebranded versions and I did use a pro 106 years back also. They are all basically the same radio with different cosmetic changes. Descendants of the pro 96 introduced by GRE and rebranded by RadioShack in 2003 which was a banging radio and the first digital scanner introduced at the same time as the Uniden BC 250d. The Pro 96 blew the doors off the Uniden LOL.

The only thing you won't be able to hear is the Washington State Patrol as they are on a phase 2 simulcast system which your radio is not capable of picking up. The YouTube videos are very helpful and you can easily manually program these VHF high frequencies and their PL tones. There's only a handful of these frequencies. I included the listing in my post. Good luck... Welcome to RR... Bob.PSX_20201108_013556.jpg

Last edited:

devicelab

Whacker Extraordinaire
The only thing you won't be able to hear is the Washington State Patrol as they are on a phase 2 simulcast system which your radio is not capable of picking up.

Nah I'm pretty sure they're not using the trunk that far down south. He should be able to pick up WSP on their conventional channel which is P25 Phase 1.

The two channels you'll want to have:

WSP Chehalis Dispatch is 155.85, NFM with a NAC of D50
WSP CAR 3 is 154.755, NFM with same NAC.

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Car 3 is analog as it is in most areas that use the conventional P25 VHF, non trunking

icom1020

Premium Subscriber
Down here, where the OP is , Dist 5, as well as Dist 3 out of Yakima is the same analog C/C , as well as the Mtn top repeaters like White Pass and Signal Pk near Toutle , remained analog

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Nah I'm pretty sure they're not using the trunk that far down south. He should be able to pick up WSP on their conventional channel which is P25 Phase 1.

The two channels you'll want to have:

WSP Chehalis Dispatch is 155.85, NFM with a NAC of D50
WSP CAR 3 is 154.755, NFM with same NAC.
So that's great that you local guys can help Digger out. I was just going by the database as I live on the other side of the country LOL. I thought a little history of the radio would be interesting also. Glad to see if this thread has worked out.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.