programming yaesu ft-60r

Status
Not open for further replies.

thekidd813t

Premium Subscriber
I am looking for a program that will load local counties on my yaesu ft-60r. I have tried to do this manually with no luck. I am hoping there are software programs to perform this function. Thanks for any responses.

SteveSimpkin

Premium Subscriber
Unlike programming a scanner, I'm not aware of any software that will do this even semi-automatically for loading repeaters into a ham radio. To find repeaters in your area I would recommend using RepeaterBook.com, artscipub.com and other repeater resources found using google for your area.

For software I would recommend FT-60 Commander from FT-60 Commander
You can cut, paste and perhaps import the repeater information into Commader, save the results and download it to your radio. You can then add to this over time.

With 1000 channels on the FT60r you can also use this work flow to load receive-only frequencies from radioreference.com for use as a scanner.

FKimble

THE ft-60 IS VERY EASY to program. Make a list either on paper or on the computer of all the repeaters you want in the radio. Put the tone in the list etc. Then just go down the list. The radio will do the offsets for you. Plan ahead and group the repeaters by area and put in different channel groups so you can scan for repeaters in the area your in. You can even put the same repeater in different groups as needed.

Frank KK4YTM

thekidd813t

Premium Subscriber
Unlike programming a scanner, I'm not aware of any software that will do this even semi-automatically for loading repeaters into a ham radio. To find repeaters in your area I would recommend using RepeaterBook.com, artscipub.com and other repeater resources found using google for your area.

For software I would recommend FT-60 Commander from FT-60 Commander
You can cut, paste and perhaps import the repeater information into Commader, save the results and download it to your radio. You can then add to this over time.

With 1000 channels on the FT60r you can also use this work flow to load receive-only frequencies from radioreference.com for use as a scanner.
Thanks for your response. Its greatly appreciated. I will definitely put these suggestions to use,

Again many thanks, Tony

thekidd813t

Premium Subscriber
THE ft-60 IS VERY EASY to program. Make a list either on paper or on the computer of all the repeaters you want in the radio. Put the tone in the list etc. Then just go down the list. The radio will do the offsets for you. Plan ahead and group the repeaters by area and put in different channel groups so you can scan for repeaters in the area your in. You can even put the same repeater in different groups as needed.

Frank KK4YTM
I appreciate all of the info you have supplied. It should make it less complicated.

Many thanks...Tony

Status
Not open for further replies.