Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

supey1

Premium Subscriber
HELP!!!! I just purchased a Whistler WS1040 and have no idea where to start. Owners manual said to go to radioreference for programming, I did and purchased the premium service. Now, I don't know what to do. Can someone walk me through the process? Thank You.

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
You need programming software (lot easier and faster than manual programming) basically there are two PSREdit500 or ARC500 both should have a free trial. There is a third, but there have been several people reporting issues in getting the key when they purchase it, but a free trial is available for the Win500 software. All three can be found with a google search.

You should also look at the Easier To Read Manual for the WS1040 and Getting Started with your WS/GRE/RS Object Oriented Scanner wiki page on Radio Refeference.

Once you've looked at all that feel free to post your questions and we will try to help.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
HELP!!!! I just purchased a Whistler WS1040 and have no idea where to start. Owners manual said to go to radioreference for programming, I did and purchased the premium service. Now, I don't know what to do. Can someone walk me through the process? Thank You.
Also see these two Wiki pages:
and
Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

As N1AGW has already noted, some people, who purchased Win500, have had trouble getting the keys they pair for. But you can still give it a try for 30 days.

There is a User Guide for ARC500 in the Wiki:
ARC500 User Guide - The RadioReference Wiki

There is a User Guide for Win500 here:

There is no posted user guide for PSREdit500, but there is an extensive information accessible through the software's Help menu.

CycleSycho

Illinois. I think I have it programmed.

:) What the other members failed to tell you about the issues with Win500, (best I have read so far) is that some using paypal have had trouble getting the key. It as posted a few times that if using a CC (credit card) the key comes very fast and works. That is what I have read, and maybe some can CONFIRM if this is what the trouble is? Good luck with your scanner, the latest bunch of scanners are little computer controlled digital ones, totally unlike the old scanners where you just enter a frequency, and after it is entered correctly, it scans when asked to scan. With all the latest types, and digital trunking, it is quite a challenge. The BEST advice is try, try, try (or someone might help by setting up the file as has happened here before). IF you get a file from someone here, follow the instructions to load/activate it, then COPY the file somewhere it cannot be lost. If during your try try try stage if you accidentally mess up, you'll have that file to correct the messed up file. Good luck with your scanning future! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.