Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrwiggers

Hello,
I bought a Uniden BCD 325P2 a couple of years ago and through web searches I found RR. I don’t remember what path I took but somehow I was able to find and actually connect my unit and program it with local law enforcement frequencies.
Can someone help me get to that site again please. I don’t mind paying for a subscription if that’s what it takes.
When I bought my Uniden, I should have done a little better research on this particular model because it’s a little more advanced for a rookie like me:)
Thanks
Michael

Enjoi19

Premium Subscriber
You will want to find the USB cable that came with your scanner and connect to your computer with it.

Software such as Freescan or ProScan will let you read the current programming of the scanner, and then upload new programming.

If you are subscribed to Radio Reference you can use the import features in both those software to import frequencies and systems from the Radio Reference database for programming.

It may seem a bit daunting at first, but the software really does make it easy. There's a lot of YouTube videos that can guide you along on programming.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Hello,
I bought a Uniden BCD 325P2 a couple of years ago and through web searches I found RR. I don’t remember what path I took but somehow I was able to find and actually connect my unit and program it with local law enforcement frequencies.
Can someone help me get to that site again please. I don’t mind paying for a subscription if that’s what it takes.
When I bought my Uniden, I should have done a little better research on this particular model because it’s a little more advanced for a rookie like me:)
Thanks
Michael
If the location you have in your profile is Cloverdale, you are in Sonoma County. Here is it's page in the database.

A Premium subscription does indeed make it much easier to program your scanner, using software. For both FreeSCAN, and ProScan, there are options to copy frequencies & descriptions from the database page, then paste it into a programming file for your scanner.

While FreeSCAN is free to download and use, it has not been updated in quite some time. it works for most of the agencies in your county. There is a user guide in the Wiki for FreeSCAN.

A link to where you can find and download FreeSCAN can be found here.

ProScan has a 30 day free trial period, so you can download it & see whether you want to purchase it after the free trial ends.
ProScan

The Easier to Read manual site might help you in programming and scanning with your 325P2.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
I have a 325P2 and I love it. Programming is easy with the software already recommended. Subscribing to this site will allow the software to do all the work. I would also suggest, if you have not done so, to register your radio on the Uniden site and update the firmware at your earliest convenience. It may make a big improvement with the intelligibility of digital signals

mrwiggers

I have a 325P2 and I love it. Programming is easy with the software already recommended. Subscribing to this site will allow the software to do all the work. I would also suggest, if you have not done so, to register your radio on the Uniden site and update the firmware at your earliest convenience. It may make a big improvement with the intelligibility of digital signals
Thank you so much! I will go to Uniden webpage now!

Status
Not open for further replies.