Prograstinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

JobabeBob1981

Premium Subscriber
Looking to purchase SDS 100 Handheld or SDS200 Base model . If you could forward pros and cons on each? thanks in advance.

NebraskaCoder

I would go back into this forum an look at the many other threads that discuss this. This question is asked all the time in this forum.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Looking to purchase SDS 100 Handheld or SDS200 Base model . If you could forward pros and cons on each? thanks in advance.
Either one will handle the simulcast system in your county.

The SDS100 has the advantage of portability. Plus, since it can operate using it's included battery, it would stay running even when the power is out. For an extended power outage, one of the power bricks such as the ones used for charging cellphones or tablets can extend run time much farther. Easier to grab & go with you, either into a different room in your residence, or with you when you are away from the house, or used in your vehicle.

The SDS200 would have better audio, since it has a bigger case and speaker.
The 200 also has a larger display. If used at a 'fixed' location, such as at home, you can use an external antenna to enhance performance, though you have the same option with the SDS100.

Basic operation between the two is almost identical, no real edge to one or the other.

JobabeBob1981

Premium Subscriber

The SDS100 has the advantage of portability. Plus, since it can operate using it's included battery, it would stay running even when the power is out. For an extended power outage, one of the power bricks such as the ones used for charging cellphones or tablets can extend run time much farther. Easier to grab & go with you, either into a different room in your residence, or with you when you are away from the house, or used in your vehicle.

The 200 also has a larger display. If used at a 'fixed' location, such as at home, you can use an external antenna to enhance performance, though you have the same option with the SDS100.

Basic operation between the two is almost identical, no real edge to one or the other.
Thank you

hexagon_keyhole

Premium Subscriber

Ditto on the portability of the SDS100. I’m not locked to a particular room in the house with its , and I like keeping up to date in the rare occasion that I have to drive.

WB9YBM

portable has the benefit that it can be used as a base station at home and portable on vacations, picnics, etc.

hagensieker

Premium Subscriber
The SDS200 has an RJ-45 ethernet port which is one of my favorite features. I have an SDS100 as well. Everyone else has nailed it regarding portability and operating on battery. If you plan to move around with it the 100 is your choice. If it is never going to move and be used as a server or a streamer then the 200 is your choice.

The 100 will do all the server and streaming stuff but only over a serial port connection.

Both are great scanners.

Status
Not open for further replies.