Project 25 and the RS20-164

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgehrum

Hello all,
I live in Woodbridge Township.,NJ, Middlesex county, and the township and most of the county is switching over to the Project 25 format. Will my Radio Shack 20-164 handheld scanner handle this new format? If it does, How would i enter onto my scanner. I recently downloaded the ARC 300 software, thinking that would help. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Mgehrum

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
If you're talking about the PRO-164 (I REALLY wish people would stop thinking we all know SKU numbers...), then you can't hear the new P25 system in this scanner. You will need a digital trunktracker for that.

For a list of models, go to the wiki main page, and look down about 2/3 to the right for a yellow box marked 'Popular Topics'. Click on the 'Digital Trunktrackers' link. Click on the model number of interest.

In addition it looks like that very topic is being discussed here...why don't you join this discussion and ask around as to what folks are using? Usually local help is the best way to go...

http://forums.radioreference.com/new-jersey-radio-discussion-forum/193684-woodbridge-twp-trs.html

best regards...Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.