ProMedica and Cleveland LifeFlight

fpo701

OH DB Admin
Database Admin
I'm wondering if anyone else had caught this. For some time now, I'm hearing both ProMedica out of Toledo and Metro Life Flight out of Cleveland on MARCS-IP talkgrout 30983 (Promedica - Air Ops/Medical / Medical Transportation).

I'm monitoring this off the Cuyahoga County site. I hear both calls for units like "Promedica 1" (4890113) and "Life Flight 3" (1896355). The radioIDs are both Lucas (48xxxxx) and Cuyahoga (18xxxxx) range. I've had some of the Life Flight radios tagged for years and they match MLF IDs. I recognize some of the voices as MLF FCO users, such as the male with an Australian accent. The MLF units are referencing locations for their normal bases.

There are a few hits on the calls platform, likely from nearby sites. Nothing directly from Cuyahoga County. It shows the same mix of radio IDs for both counties. The calls platform even shows ProMedica units calling into MLF FCO for radio checks.

I don't know that I've heard much MLF helo traffic on their traditional talkgroups. The ground units such as Life Flight #7 are still active.

Is there a relationship or merger between these two agencies? Are others able to confirm both agencies are using 30983?

rcid1971

Premium Subscriber
I too was surprised that MLF has vanished from calls website.

I’ll keep a listen for the new TG, thanks for posting, glad I’m not alone in missing them.

IStebleton

Premium Subscriber
I'm wondering if anyone else had caught this. For some time now, I'm hearing both ProMedica out of Toledo and Metro Life Flight out of Cleveland on MARCS-IP talkgrout 30983 (Promedica - Air Ops/Medical / Medical Transportation).

Is there a relationship or merger between these two agencies? Are others able to confirm both agencies are using 30983?
Metro LifeFlight and ProMedica have a partnership going. They made a post, but was deleted. Basically ProMedica is operating on Metro's Part 135 Certificate, but they're both operating the helos on ProMedica channels.

Last edited: