prompt ambulance in south bend

Status
Not open for further replies.

WB9EMT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 PLS:MotoQ (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Does anyone have frequencies for Prompt Ambulance out of South Bend? As of right now, I can tell that it is UHF and trunked. Beyond that, nothing else.

jerk

WNDK485
WQBC338
WQBQ831
Call signs to search, Highland and East Chicago areas.
All are VHF

WB9EMT

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 PLS:MotoQ (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

Yeah i tried those already. no luck. The radios are definately UHF. Actually, they are using the old Indiana EMS channels. No luck searching for IEMS, Community EMS, or the old Ambulance Enterprise. The last one is listed for a single VHF frequency.

jerk

Yeah i tried those already. no luck. The radios are definately UHF. Actually, they are using the old Indiana EMS channels. No luck searching for IEMS, Community EMS, or the old Ambulance Enterprise. The last one is listed for a single VHF frequency.

Do you have an address? If UHF then probably on an LTR trunking system. If you've seen the radios, what model number and manufacturer?
That will help you narrow them down. on RR you can do a radius search based on the address, I always find interesting stuff with that, that I never knew was in the area.

jerk

I looked up the address, nice neighborhood, but I could not see any ambulances there. Nothing on RR, but try these UHF frequencies

KD29809
They are low power but part of a trunked system according to the license. Call sign is above and mobile only. Big regional system.

WB9EMT

the model number of the portables are TK-353(N). And I shall try those frequencies listed.

jerk

the model number of the portables are TK-353(N). And I shall try those frequencies listed.

Found some quick basic info, "Kenwood's first UHF LTR portable. Capable of LTR trunking and basic conventional"
So most likely you are looking for LTR trunking system.

Jay34

Does anyone have frequencies for Prompt Ambulance out of South Bend? As of right now, I can tell that it is UHF and trunked. Beyond that, nothing else.

Ive been looking for those freqs too! Ive even gone as far as sitting outside and trying to find them by listening for them on my scanner.

josbornEMT

Prompt EMS

I am a dispatcher at Prompt in South Bend. Our radio system is trunked on an old system. The system is leased to us and licensed under a different company. I dont even know our frequencies...Sad huh?

W9NES

I saw one of the Prompt EMS transporting units this week in the Metro Indianapolis/Marion County area. They were going down west 86Th street east of Michigan Road last week. They were going to St.Vincents Hospital at 2001 West 86Th Street.

Viper43

I'm betting they are on CSI Systems LTR System. i have heard ambulance (transport type) on there before when I was up in the area. and no, it wasn't the cabs doing med transports....although in some areas cab companies are doing medical transports like Yellow Cab Ambulances.

KD4YGG

Database Admin
I am a dispatcher at Prompt in South Bend. Our radio system is trunked on an old system. The system is leased to us and licensed under a different company. I dont even know our frequencies...Sad huh?

Any idea who leases the system to you? What company is it licensed to?

I'm betting that Viper43's idea of CSI or Emergency Radio Services is where we need to be looking.

See attached for FCC records of "YG" service type.

Attachments

• Book1.pdf
    3.2 KB · Views: 268
Last edited:

jerk

What type of base radio do they use?
What type of mobile and portables do they have?
Model numbers or pictures?

Also, I would change you posting name or information as companies have fired people for posting less information. FWIW

AL

Viper43

What type of base radio do they use?
What type of mobile and portables do they have?
Model numbers or pictures?

Also, I would change you posting name or information as companies have fired people for posting less information. FWIW

AL

He already posted the "portables model number of the portables are TK-353(N)" And a dispatcher there doesn't know the frequencies and I already gave them a system to check out, since the portables are for LTR systems and there is only one LTR system listed for St Joe Co, it would seem a good place to start.

In a house along a busy road in Mercer County, Far
Another LTR tower...

Try putting this LTR system in your scanner. The call sign is WPTC503. Look it up on the FCC database page. It belongs to Emergency Radio Service Inc. The towers is located at 814 Marietta St. South Bend, IN ST. JOSEPH County.

# Transmitter Frequencies
1 ----- 462.350
2 ----- 463.200
3 ----- 463.700
4 ----- 464.000
5 ----- 464.525

Let me know if you come up with anything. If I can work for you please let me know. You will have to figure out the LCN's but it's somewhere to start.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.