proper antenna

Status
Not open for further replies.

trip236

i have a pro 2096 whitch i use in home & mobil in a 1998 dodge quad cab and am looking for info on a good but not too gawdy mobil ant. and a good base ant. i live in alaska so repeters are the thing up here

Taloniilm

this is what I'm using for a base, (Diamond D-130J and 2 Radio Shack 20-174's)... it may not be strong enough for your climate...as far as plascs to get em... most buy off the net from several sources. part of the fun is shopping for the best price and lowest shipping

Last edited:

N1BHH

Since your out in the great wide open a good antenna would be the Larasen NMO-2/70 as it gives you a bit more range than the NMO-150/450/800. I don't know what there is off hand for radio spectrum usage, but it does work, not just in the ham bands, but all over the spectrum. I use one at home on a mag mount on my air conditioner for scanning and does me good. This is a fine mobile antenna, and the ones shown above work nicely for your home station, too. Look it up on HRO or any other ham store and try it out.

fredg

Premium Subscriber
N1BHH said:
Since your out in the great wide open a good antenna would be the Larasen NMO-2/70 as it gives you a bit more range than the NMO-150/450/800. I don't know what there is off hand for radio spectrum usage, but it does work, not just in the ham bands, but all over the spectrum. I use one at home on a mag mount on my air conditioner for scanning and does me good. This is a fine mobile antenna, and the ones shown above work nicely for your home station, too. Look it up on HRO or any other ham store and try it out.

Another nod for the Larsen NMO-2/70. I use one as a base antenna as well. Works great all accros VHF/UHF and even on 800MHz. If I could afford it I would get another for my car.

hoser147

trip236 said:
My only option is fairbanks radio shack,do they carry them?

I doubt that radio shack would have them the mobile that is the base should be and instock item, the mobile you would have to Order online. Good Luck Hoser

Status
Not open for further replies.