Proposed 800 MHZ Site on Middle Bald Mtn in Larimer County

Status
Not open for further replies.
West of the Muddy Creek, East of the Big Hill.
PROPOSAL NUMBER: 06-17
DESCRIPTION: National Environmental Policy Act Consulting Services
RECORDING DATE: 08/01/2006

Larimer County, Colorado, has filed an application with the Arapaho & Roosevelt National Forests and Pawnee National Grassland, Canyon Lakes Ranger District, for an 800MHz radio communication site atop Middle Bald Mountain (Sect. 9, T9N, R74W, 6th PM; 40-45-57.8n latitude, 105-42-27.8w longitude; 10,867 altitude). There is currently no communication facility at this location. The application proposes construction of a building and tower, and construction of an access road and power source to the site. An environmental analysis needs to be conducted pursuant to NEPA and USFS regulations. NEPA documentation needs to be developed to inform the public and the Forest Supervisor of the alternatives and resource impacts of No Action, constructing the proposed facility, and reasonable facility alternatives at this location. The proposed location is currently not allocated as available for a communication site in the Forest Plan, so the NEPA analysis and documentation should also inform and support a Plan amendment decision. The NEPA process would begin in August, 2006, with public scoping and conclude in April, 2007, with the Decision. At this time the USFS is anticipating developing an Environmental Assessment (EA), but, based on scoping, an Environmental Impact Statement
(EIS) may be required.

http://co.larimer.co.us/bids/11033756.pdf

M

mpg0515

Could be the start of Larimer DTRS

Not sure what they are trying to get going here???? They were just granted a license about 20 Miles NW of Red Feather Lakes (WQFI850), for their VHF freqs. This is only about 12+ miles from their Deadman Hill Site. Then Deadman to the Middle Bald Mountain Site is only about 5 miles away..... Sounds like if they do get this going, they would want to have as many sites as they do now and more if possible. I just don't understand why they need to have them so close to each other. But I guess we will see when things get going. Check out my pic that I have attached. This is from Mapsource. I was kind of thinking that they were all pretty close together, but I had to see for myself....

Last edited:
Before the BC250D came out, I was involved in a minor T/A. LCSO stopped by until FCPD arrived. I started small talk with deputy. I asked him if they where going to the state DTRS? He told me "yes but will keep VHF." I told him that digital scanners are coming out & he laughed and Said "FCPD thinks they are so smart by going digital"

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

Another DTRS site to Larimer!!

Larimer County has an application pending for what looks like an addition to DTRS. See the ULS data. http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...hts?db_id=19&callsign=&application_id=3685284. They are all 800Mhz frequencies so I really don't see what else they could be for. If you look at the picture above (I know that it is small) you will see the waypoint listed as "new site", this is where the site will be (about 20 miles NW or Red Feather Lakes). LCSO also recently added a fifth transmitter/receiver site to their current VHF multi voting system at the same location. I am also not really sure why they chose this site? There are many other locations that would cover the mountains of Larimer County a lot better than there???? I guess that we will find out soon.

Last edited:
M

mpg0515

mpg0515 said:
Larimer County has an application pending for what looks like an addition to DTRS. See the ULS data. http://gullfoss2.fcc.gov/cgi-bin/ws...hts?db_id=19&callsign=&application_id=3685284. They are all 800Mhz frequencies so I really don't see what else they could be for. If you look at the picture above (I know that it is small) you will see the waypoint listed as "new site", this is where the site will be (about 20 miles NW or Red Feather Lakes). LCSO also recently added a fifth transmitter/receiver site to their current VHF multi voting system at the same location. I am also not really sure why they chose this site? There are many other locations that would cover the mountains of Larimer County a lot better than there???? I guess that we will find out soon.

Looked it up on the GPS Mapsource and it looks like this site is called Bull Mountain...

dodger

Premium Subscriber
The site is microwaved into the Larimer county system WQET317. It is liinked from Ft Collins through Laramie down to Bull mountain. I have include a Google map with all the microwave links and the pathways for colorado.

Attachments

• COMicrowave.zip
    23.9 KB · Views: 23
M

mpg0515

dodger said:
The site is microwaved into the Larimer county system WQET317. It is liinked from Ft Collins through Laramie down to Bull mountain. I have include a Google map with all the microwave links and the pathways for colorado.

I don't have Google Earth but, are you saying that this is microwaved through DTRS?? I am sure that DTRS is the only thing that the site can be. I will download Google Earth because now you have me really interested!

M

mpg0515

mpg0515 said:
I don't have Google Earth but, are you saying that this is microwaved through DTRS?? I am sure that DTRS is the only thing that the site can be. I will download Google Earth because now you have me really interested!

Ok, definately DTRS, that is cool. Thanks for the file.

jimmnn

Premium Subscriber
mpg0515 said:
Ok, definately DTRS, that is cool. Thanks for the file.

That site is making progress expect to have it live by January is what I'm hearing.

+ Bull Mtn (Jackson County, Gould)
- Passed electrical last week

Jim<

Status
Not open for further replies.