Proposed new feature for scanner firmware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

gary123

One of the big manufacturers has released a new feature "Talker Alias". This feature is similar to the NXDN alias sent on NXDN systems. The feature has been available on several DMR products.

Technical talk here... The alias is limited to 16 characters and is sent as UTF8 as the default or UTF-16BE (selectable).

It has been over a year with no firmware updates for the BCD x36 and SDS radios. I am sure there are several small issues like the NXDN SID that can be corrected at the same time.

spywiz

Premium Subscriber
A 5 second press of a "given" button on the SDS100 to lock/unlock the keypad. That would be a good firmware update feature too.

I sure wish Upman was still around. Or they would fill his position with someone. Someone that has a personality like Upman had. He is sorely missed indeed.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
I thought there was already a thread regarding firmware wishes.

gary123

There might be but I dind see it. if you can find it I will be glad to repost this there.

trido

Retired
Premium Subscriber
i begged for this along time back as i had so many customers mess things up cause no locked keypad.

A 5 second press of a "given" button on the SDS100 to lock/unlock the keypad. That would be a good firmware update feature too.

I sure wish Upman was still around. Or they would fill his position with someone. Someone that has a personality like Upman had. He is sorely missed indeed.

belvdr

No longer interested in living
There might be but I dind see it. if you can find it I will be glad to repost this there.

trentbob

W3BUX- Bucks County, PA
Premium Subscriber
Yes Paul is missed very much and if he was still alive I'm sure we would have had some firmware updates by now oh, the last one was April 15th 2019.

There are bugs alone that need to be attended to. Some of the request here I do not believe the radio is capable of doing, firmware updates are basically unlocking what the radio is capable of doing.

Going by the crickets we hear on the public forum from Uniden and the lack of regular communication and response other than specific phone calls to Uniden support there is a strong feeling from many of us that... This is it. It's fun and creative to make wish lists and intelligent suggestions however...

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Sadly I think you're correct. Sure seems like Paul was the only one carrying the torch for scanners over there. So sad that they have totally dropped the ball after his passing.

Status
Not open for further replies.