ProScan 4.7 changes System Type

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Rather than repost the long thread, please read my post "Newly downloaded San Mateo County Doesn't work". It seems that the ProScan software is changing this system type from MOT to P25S which prevents reception.

(I had the thread in the "Regional Radio" forum until the DB Admin and I discovered it is more likely a ProScan problem so it was moved to this forum)

Thank you

ProScan

Premium Subscriber
Rather than repost the long thread, please read my post "Newly downloaded San Mateo County Doesn't work". It seems that the ProScan software is changing this system type from MOT to P25S which prevents reception.

(I had the thread in the "Regional Radio" forum until the DB Admin and I discovered it is more likely a ProScan problem so it was moved to this forum)

Thank you
The RR database shows the favor as Project 25 however the system type can be changed in the RR import form or after it's been imported.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
My first question is why did Proscan 4.5 it import the system type from RR correctly and now 4.7 doesn't? Even FreeScan imports it from RR correctly. Second, I don't understand what you mean by changing the System Type in the RR import. Can you elaborate? Do you plean to investigate why this is happening with the new version of ProScan?

Thank you

ProScan

Premium Subscriber
My first question is why did Proscan 4.5 it import the system type from RR correctly and now 4.7 doesn't? Even FreeScan imports it from RR correctly. Second, I don't understand what you mean by changing the System Type in the RR import. Can you elaborate? Do you plean to investigate why this is happening with the new version of ProScan?

Thank you
I just tested 4.5 and it imports the system type as P25 standard trunking, same as 4.7 which isn't surprising as nothing was changed in this area.

On the right side of the RR Import window, there is a selection box called "Import Trunking System Type" Change the system type there after the data has been retrieved.

It is a UHF type so if that's not valid for a P25 standard system then it can be changed.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
Will there be any further investigation by ProScan or Radio Reference to determine what is causing this odd behavior? Since I've paid for both, it's odd that FreeScan doesnt have the problem..

kma371

QRT
The RR database shows the favor as Project 25 however the system type can be changed in the RR import form or after it's been imported.
San Mateo County UHF Motorola Type II SmartZone Omnilink Various

He's talking about this system.

Sent from my iPhone 4 using Tapatalk

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
So now that I know the work around, thank you. Will either ProScan or Radio Reference look into why this is happening? Could it be I'm the first to discover this issue? It would be nice to have the system type import correctly as it used to. Thanks :)

ProScan

Premium Subscriber
So now that I know the work around, thank you. Will either ProScan or Radio Reference look into why this is happening? Could it be I'm the first to discover this issue? It would be nice to have the system type import correctly as it used to. Thanks :)
No changes in this area. I tested 4.4.7 and it's the same as 4.5.
It's on the list to fix. Scheduled for the release after next.

DonS

There are two San Mateo County systems in the RRDB. One is a 700MHz P25 system, the other is a UHF (400MHz) Motorola (3600bps CC) system with P25 voice.

Which system are you trying to download?

DonS

Ah - so the O.P. is trying to import the UHF Motorola (3600bps CC, P25 voice) system, but ProScan is changing the system type to P25?

Status
Not open for further replies.