ProScan 5.2 and importing CHP

Status
Not open for further replies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I have 2 questions... 1- I want to import (download) the updated California Highway Patrol section to my BCD-996XT. When I import all of the systems, they appear as individual systems in ProScan. I want to put them all in a single system called CHP. I know I've done this before, but don't remember how.. Any help would be great!

2- the RR Data Base for CHP now includes the P25 UHF Extender frequencies. Can these be in the same group as the conventional CHP channels?

Thank you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have 2 questions... 1- I want to import (download) the updated California Highway Patrol section to my BCD-996XT. When I import all of the systems, they appear as individual systems in ProScan. I want to put them all in a single system called CHP. I know I've done this before, but don't remember how.. Any help would be great!
Drag & Drop(or Cut & Paste) the groups from one system to another.
The same can be done with channels moving them to another group.

2- the RR Data Base for CHP now includes the P25 UHF Extender frequencies. Can these be in the same group as the conventional CHP channels?
Thank you.
Yes. They are conventional frequencies.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I do not have a "CUT" function on the tool bar. I have "COPY". I highlighted the first system I wanted to move and clicked copy, then I highlighted the CHP system and clicked "PASTE" and it did not put it in the CHP system, rather it put it just below the CHP system.

Drag and drop? Drag and drop does'nt work at all for me. (Dragging one system to another)

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I do not have a "CUT" function on the tool bar. I have "COPY". I highlighted the first system I wanted to move and clicked copy, then I highlighted the CHP system and clicked "PASTE" and it did not put it in the CHP system, rather it put it just below the CHP system.

Drag and drop? Drag and drop does'nt work at all for me. (Dragging one system to another)
Drag & Drop is effectivily a Cut & Paste operation which is a lot faster then using the menu to do the same thing.

You are trying to drag a system into another system which is not an allowed operation that's why the system appears below the other system. ProScan thinks you are re-arranging the systems.

Drag the group nodes from one system to another system.

PCTEK

Premium Subscriber
I did figure that out. And it worked. I wonder why it wont download as a single system "California Highway Patrol" like it used to.... That made life so much easier. Thank you for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.