Proscan alpha tag delay stream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Italiano1

Been hosting a feed for quite some time. Decided it was time to add some alpha tags so listeners know what they are hearing. No problem doing so, however there is quite a delay in lining up the audio with the tags. Maybe I'm missing something in proscan, but is there a way to get these two variables to line up? Or at least less of a delay? Thank you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Per the Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When using the Web Server, the text tags don't appear in sync. with the audio.
A: The audio player network / latency buffer delays the audio. To compensate, the Web Page has an option "Display & Metadata Delay". Change it to the amount of audio delay so the text tags and display on the Web Page are in sync with the audio. You may have to experiment to get it right. If using an external player, the Player may have an option to decrease the amount of delay. Search on-line your type of media player to see if the network / latency buffering can be changed and how to change it. WinAmp (desktop) version seems to be the best latency that's about 3 seconds.

Italiano1

Per the Frequently Asked Questions

Q: When using the Web Server, the text tags don't appear in sync. with the audio.
A: The audio player network / latency buffer delays the audio. To compensate, the Web Page has an option "Display & Metadata Delay". Change it to the amount of audio delay so the text tags and display on the Web Page are in sync with the audio. You may have to experiment to get it right. If using an external player, the Player may have an option to decrease the amount of delay. Search on-line your type of media player to see if the network / latency buffering can be changed and how to change it. WinAmp (desktop) version seems to be the best latency that's about 3 seconds.
HI, sorry for the delay in getting back. And thank you for the info. When you say.... "To compensate, the Web Page has an option "Display & Metadata Delay". I'm not sure what Web Page you are referring to. Thank you.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
HI, sorry for the delay in getting back. And thank you for the info. When you say.... "To compensate, the Web Page has an option "Display & Metadata Delay". I'm not sure what Web Page you are referring to. Thank you.
Are you using the Web Server feature? I assumed you were. I was refereeing to the web page associated with the Web Server.
If you are using the Source Client feature then the web page doesn't apply. In that case, try WinAmp desktop version as the latency is around 3 seconds.

W4TF

I'm experiencing the same. I'm streaming to Broadcastify.com via the source client. Is there no "fix" beyond telling people to use WinAmp to monitor the stream?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm experiencing the same. I'm streaming to Broadcastify.com via the source client. Is there no "fix" beyond telling people to use WinAmp to monitor the stream?

A fix on the ProScan/RadioFeed side is not possible because the audio stream is sending out to the Internet in near real time. The Remote Scanner Over IP(RSOIP) doesn't have this latency problem because the client side audio playback is handled internally and doesn't use a Media Player.

Status
Not open for further replies.