PROSCAN AND 536HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

np4r

HI , I already have my 536hp running through wifi with my home router . If i use pro scan in another computer here at home its connect without problems, if i use another network i can not connect to the scanner. I was told that i have to open ports in my router , i followed some youtube videos about ports fowarding i putted the ips that proscan gives me , when i try to connect from other network again no luck . After doing the port fowarding i have to set web server to start or client server? Any webpage with a tutorial to correctly do the port opening so i can connect from outside?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
In a nutshell, you'll have to ensure the port as indicated in the text box I outlined in green (default is 5000) is forwarded through your router. After clicking "Get My IP", you'll need to enter the Outside IP address (as I outlined in red) and the server port in order to access the scanner via a web browser from a network different from that which the scanner is connected to. For example if your public (outside) IP address is 12.34.567.89 and you're using Port 5000, you'd enter the address as http://12.34.567.89:5000. If it still won't connect then disable any firewall you may have or allow Proscan as an exception so it can communicate with outside networks. Hope this helps

np4r

In a nutshell, you'll have to ensure the port as indicated in the text box I outlined in green (default is 5000) is forwarded through your router. After clicking "Get My IP", you'll need to enter the Outside IP address (as I outlined in red) and the server port in order to access the scanner via a web browser from a network different from that which the scanner is connected to. For example if your public (outside) IP address is 12.34.567.89 and you're using Port 5000, you'd enter the address as http://12.34.567.89:5000. If it still won't connect then disable any firewall you may have or allow Proscan as an exception so it can communicate with outside networks. Hope this helps

View attachment 89324
HI W3JMC DE NP4R , Thanks for the info , i can connect through web server with my local ip address but nothing with the outside ip. Same happens in the pro scan client, thats what im trying to figure out how to connect from outside ip in other network.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
HI W3JMC DE NP4R , Thanks for the info , i can connect through web server with my local ip address but nothing with the outside ip. Same happens in the pro scan client, thats what im trying to figure out how to connect from outside ip in other network.

Did you setup your Router Port Forwarding?
Do that with this info:
Use TCP Only
IP Address of the computer (not of the scanner)
Port number of the server. If using the default of 5000 then put in 5000

np4r

Did you setup your Router Port Forwarding?
Do that with this info:
Use TCP Only
IP Address of the computer (not of the scanner)
Port number of the server. If using the default of 5000 then put in 5000
That was the info i was searching to do it. It says local ip and external ip/ do i have to put computer id on both?

Attachments

• Screenshot (59).png
    Screenshot (59).png
    236 KB · Views: 11

np4r

See if it works.
For checking the router Port Forwarding is setup use. Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router

If using the Web Server feature then use a Web Browser.
If using the RSOIP Feature then use the RSOIP Client (or ProScan in Client mode)
It says PORT 5000 ClOSED , the router have another option called port filtering I don't know if it is related to port fowarding..I made an attemp to connect through the browser but only connects with the local network .

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It says PORT 5000 ClOSED , the router have another option called port filtering I don't know if it is related to port fowarding..I made an attemp to connect through the browser but only connects with the local network .

Start the server then try again. Don't do anything in the router other than Port Forwarding

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I started the server but still closed. Im connected to my modem through wifi , this laptop doesn't have ethernet adapter. Is that a problem?
The computer running the ProScan server needs a connection to the LAN.
I would double and triple check all your settings. One mistake I seen is the scanner IP address would be entered in the Router Port Forwarding and not the computer IP address so double check that.

np4r

I would double and triple check all your settings. One mistake I seen is the scanner IP address would be entered in the Router Port Forwarding and not the computer IP address so double check that.
I have my desktop connected to LAN , , i have now connected the radio and working from my desktop via url.I will check again in the router the prot fowarding thing .

Last edited:

np4r

I called my ISP and they "opened" port 5000 with my computer ip but when i check the port irs stil closed.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I called my ISP and they "opened" port 5000 with my computer ip but when i check the port irs stil closed.
I don't see how the ISP could open the port. Did they remote into your Router? After they opened port 5000. Did you check? Hopefully they didn't mess anything up.

When you are checking with Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router , the Web Server is running and is the Web Server is set to port 5000. Is that correct?
Did you double check your Router Port Forwarding?
Can you provide a screenshot of that.

np4r

I don't see how the ISP could open the port. Did they remote into your Router? After they opened port 5000. Did you check? Hopefully they didn't mess anything up.

When you are checking with Open Port Check Tool -- Verify Port Forwarding on Your Router , the Web Server is running and is the Web Server is set to port 5000. Is that correct?
Did you double check your Router Port Forwarding?
Can you provide a screenshot of that.
Hi , yes they did it remotely into my modem and they confirmed that the port was open .The server is running

Attachments

• 99C2278E-A5F3-4BAC-9993-604281F87043.jpeg
    99C2278E-A5F3-4BAC-9993-604281F87043.jpeg
    49.2 KB · Views: 14
  • FCE1A37A-CD3D-4F60-86D6-E8F22259D0BF.jpeg
    FCE1A37A-CD3D-4F60-86D6-E8F22259D0BF.jpeg
    60.8 KB · Views: 14
  • F9CB00F1-E6D5-43EC-9A97-AEC8100D8E75.jpeg
    F9CB00F1-E6D5-43EC-9A97-AEC8100D8E75.jpeg
    56.4 KB · Views: 14
  • 3797FB76-2F5F-4027-B908-536524B5D046.jpeg
    3797FB76-2F5F-4027-B908-536524B5D046.jpeg
    55.2 KB · Views: 13

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi , yes they did it remotely into my modem and they confirmed that the port was open .The server is running
The Port Filtering & Port Triggering is not part of this setup. I don't know what they do but I would make those like they were before.
You want the Forwarding section in the Advance setup.

Status
Not open for further replies.