ProScan and ARC not working with SDS200

Status
Not open for further replies.

N1GTL

Database Admin
On my SDS200 (and 100), I plug into the computer and the scanner shows up as F: drive. When this happens, I cannot get ProScan or ARC to find the scanner. I read something about ARC not seeing drives C: and D:. Sentinel is working fine but I would like to be able to have other options. Has anyone resolved an issue like this?

Thanks.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
On my SDS200 (and 100), I plug into the computer and the scanner shows up as F: drive. When this happens, I cannot get ProScan or ARC to find the scanner. I read something about ARC not seeing drives C: and D:. Sentinel is working fine but I would like to be able to have other options. Has anyone resolved an issue like this?

Thanks.
Are you using ProScan to read or write the favorites or using ProScan for the virtual display and/or logging?

N1GTL

Database Admin
Are you using ProScan to read or write the favorites or using ProScan for the virtual display and/or logging?

I'm trying to read what I have programmed into it using Sentinal. I am not trying to virtually control it.

Have you tried manually assigning it?

No.

Did you download and install the Uniden serial driver, That's needed for the Virtual Control/Display to function.

I have not, I saw this driver and it only referred to the 536, not the SDS series. I can try this later tonight.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I'm trying to read what I have programmed into it using Sentinal. I am not trying to virtually control it.

No.

I have not, I saw this driver and it only referred to the 536, not the SDS series. I can try this later tonight.
If you are just trying to read the favorites from the scanner then the serial port driver will do nothing. Is the scanner in Mass Storage mode?
The serial port driver is for apps such as mine that does logging, virtual display, & remote control.

N1GTL

Database Admin
If you are just trying to read the favorites from the scanner then the serial port driver will do nothing. Is the scanner in Mass Storage mode?
The serial port driver is for apps such as mine that does logging, virtual display, & remote control.

I have been using ARC for years and am very comfortable using it. It was suggested that I try your app. I do put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode. When I do, the scanner shows up as drive F: and I can view the folders in Windows Explore. However, then I bring up ARC and tell it to "detect scanner" it fails to detect it. Likewise, when I try reading it with ProScan, it does not find the scanner. The only software that works is Sentinal but that is also too convoluted and complex.

Edit: I can use ARC in virtual display mode. That works. Reading and writing in MSM mode does not.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have been using ARC for years and am very comfortable using it. It was suggested that I try your app. I do put the scanner in Mass Storage Mode. When I do, the scanner shows up as drive F: and I can view the folders in Windows Explore. However, then I bring up ARC and tell it to "detect scanner" it fails to detect it. Likewise, when I try reading it with ProScan, it does not find the scanner. The only software that works is Sentinal but that is also too convoluted and complex.

Edit: I can use ARC in virtual display mode. That works. Reading and writing in MSM mode does not.
It sounds like you are switching between Serial Port mode and Mass Storage mode. Leave the scanner in Mass Storage mode then try ProScan and ARC. ProScan shouldn't have any problem reading the scanner Favorites at least I haven't received any reports on this.

The only condition that ProScan will not read the scanner drive is if it's not a "removable" type so verify that it is with Win Explorer. Win 10 will show it as a "USB Drive"

N1GTL

Database Admin
It sounds like you are switching between Serial Port mode and Mass Storage mode. Leave the scanner in Mass Storage mode then try ProScan and ARC. ProScan shouldn't have any problem reading the scanner Favorites at least I haven't received any reports on this.

The only condition that ProScan will not read the scanner drive is if it's not a "removable" type so verify that it is with Win Explorer. Win 10 will show it as a "USB Drive"

I am running Windows 7. I'll try tonight after work. Thanks.

N1GTL

Database Admin
I started my computer. When it booted, I plugged in the SDS200. I was prompted to select serial or mass storage. I chose Mass Storage. The scanner reads "USB Mass Storage". The scanner shows as "Removable Disk F:". I opened ProScan and got a message that com port 6 is in use. I open the Comm Port settings window in ProScan. My port drop down options are URL or NONE. I click Refresh Ports and nothing new shows up. I click on Auto Detect and nothing happens.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
I started my computer. When it booted, I plugged in the SDS200. I was prompted to select serial or mass storage. I chose Mass Storage. The scanner reads "USB Mass Storage". The scanner shows as "Removable Disk F:". I opened ProScan and got a message that com port 6 is in use. I open the Comm Port settings window in ProScan. My port drop down options are URL or NONE. I click Refresh Ports and nothing new shows up. I click on Auto Detect and nothing happens.
All of that COM port and URL stuff relates only to virtual control/audio, not programming. You need to open up the Favorites Editor and select Scanner Read if you're trying to program it. Oh and of course make sure that the correct Scanner Type is selected in the software first.

Status
Not open for further replies.