ProScan and Broadcastify 2 scanner feed help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lazer9

Feed Provider
Apologies if the solution is obvious, but I need some help. I have spent some days revisiting links, faqs, and searching for how to simply run a dual feed with my already approved and up and running Broadcastify account I've had for over a month up on one scanner: Uniden BCD536HP

I am now wanting to run my feed utilizing two different scanners: Uniden SDS200 & BCT15X so as I will be letting the 200 send the digital stations out and the 15X handle the analog portion.

I am hung up on how to connect both said scanners to "Broadcastify" at the same time and my provided login and 3rd party [Advanced details] where you obtain the server, MOUNT, and password, ect...

I am a licensed user of ProScan. Both scanners have their own instance (separate) folder of ProScan config-ed and running per scanner successfully. Have tried different connections regarding the (Stereo Audio) L & R via each scanner using Line In with a Y cord. OR Line In and Mic In to successfully set-up the Audio portion, although, since I can't get both "Live" due to an issue I can't seem to find the solution to, cannot further test what Audio IN combination is best desired.

The issue is after I run my first instance of ProScan and connect to Broadcastify via "Source Client" with my credentials, the 2nd instance fails to connect with my credentials at the (Mount point in use) issue.

Have written to Broadcastify support and received a response with a couple of links that seems I have already read over and something of confusion to me where it is mentioned 2 accounts are needed for a dual (Stereo) feed, yet the support agent said that is not necessary.

Please help!

See Screenshots: The BCT15X instance of ProScan is up and running fine with live feed successful and the Sds200 instance of ProScan fails to get a connection to Broadcastify due to the mentioned error response as seen.

Attachments

• BCT15X.JPG
    BCT15X.JPG
    54.1 KB · Views: 21
  • Sds200.JPG
    Sds200.JPG
    61.6 KB · Views: 22

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Your setup is incorrect. You can not have two instances of ProScan or any other program connect to the same mount point at the far end.

What do you mean by "dual feed". Is that one feed stereo or two seperate feeds mono?
If you intend to stream to Broadcastify in stereo mode and you have one account then you want to use just one instance of ProScan connected to Broadcastify with the Left & Right audio channels connected to each scanner. You can still run a second instance of ProScan for the second scanner just can't connect to Broadcastify.

Lazer9

Feed Provider
Thanks for the reply and that would be two scanners with the audio set stereo as I understand with one using the left audio and the other using the right that I am wanting to accomplish. Again my reason is my new SD200 does the digital freq and not as good with analog while my bct15x is great on analog but doesn't obviously pull in the digital and trunking as the sds200 does.

If this is accomplished through one instance of proscan and through the Y adapter to line in on PC with each scanner then presumably using the rec out in the case of the bct15x and ext speaker out on back of the SD200, then I don't understand how to get the metadata to the stream? I am pretty certain that requires the scanner communicating to the instance of Proscan and Proscan only has the Comm port, URL, ect assignment for one scanner per running Proscan?

I know I read somewhere in a post online of a broadcastify feed running off two different scanners and using the stereo setups where the individual was also running multiple folders of two Proscan software on a PC to accomplish this yet I can't find out how.

Appreciate guidance.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.