ProScan: ProScan Audio Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I adjusted everything to the settings in your screen shots and I have had a little success. I am now connected to the audio stream. The DB meters for the capture and playback are all now showing audio activity. Also the scope now shows audio activity, but I still do not hear the audio. I have the speakers selected as the "Output Sound Device". Also Proscan now shows up as an item in the windows sound mixer. The slider is at about 75% in the mixer and is not muted. So your setting did able me to connect to the url audio stream, but I do not hear the audio on the speakers. If I try playing a YouTube video I do hear that sound. Any one got any other suggestions.
Click the Loopback box located in the Audio Control -> Monitor & Test tab. Select the same audio service first.

radiotech1

Premium Subscriber
I just solved the problem with not hearing the audio. I went into the window sound settings and under the speaker properties I changed the default format to 2 channel 16 bit 44khz CD quality. As soon as I did this the scanner sound started coming out of the speakers.

Now my next problem is on the client computer. I have enabled the Remote Scanner over IP server on the main computer that I can hear the audio on. The ProScan software on the client computer can connect to the server computer and the scanner display works and I can control the scanner, but now the client computer has no audio. I also checked and the speaker is not muted in the ProScan client software. The client did work previously when I was using a physical cable for the sound and the usb cable at the scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Go to the Audio Control -> RSOIP tab on the RSOIP Client side
Do you see the level meters move on the playback side?
Are the level controls mid position on the playback side?
Is the Output Sound Device selected?
Could it be a similar problem like on the server side with the "speaker properties I changed the default format to 2 channel 16 bit 44khz CD quality "
If still doesn't work then try restarting ProScan (server side).

// edit - Also go to the Audio Control -> RSOIP tab on the server side.
Check that the level controls are up and the level meters move on the capture side.

Last edited:

radiotech1

Premium Subscriber
I uninstalled, rebooted the client computer and then reinstalled the ProScan software on the client computer and then reconnected to the Remote Scanner over IP server and I started getting the sound. Everthing now works. Thanks for everyone's help.

Status
Not open for further replies.