ProScan: ProScan Audio Connection Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

signguy10

I just picked up my second SDS200 today. I am trying to get it setup with ProScan, but I am having issues connecting the audio to the second scanner. All the settings between the two scanners are identical except for the IP address. I am able to connect to the scanner in proscan and see the display, but when I try to setup the audio, all I get is TCP Not Connected and UDP not connected. I have power cycled the scanner, disabled the IP and re-enabled, and changed the IP with no success. There isn't anything else connected to the audio stream. Any suggestions on what I can try next? Thanks!

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
What's the reasoning for the separate folders? I can run unlimited instances from the same folder
Don't run multiple instances in same folder. What happens is the last instance that unloads will save the config to disk then any other instance started will use that config. Also the logging grids will contain data from the last instance unloaded. Use seperate folders for each instance.

signguy10

What's the reasoning for the separate folders? I can run unlimited instances from the same folder
I thought that's how you ran separate instances of the program. From the website:
Q: Can I run multiple copies of ProScan or RadioFeed on one computer?
A: Yes. Many instances of ProScan or RadioFeed can run on the same computer. Copy the contents of the ProScan or RadioFeed folder to a new folder. Change the Comm. Port setting and other options specific to that instance.

signguy10

So, I dug some more and I think my issue is the two scanners are using the same TCP port. Is there a way to change one of them?

Whiskey3JMC

DXpeditioner
Premium Subscriber
Don't run multiple instances in same folder. What happens is the last instance that unloads will save the config to disk then any other instance started will use that config. Also the logging grids will contain data from the last instance unloaded. Use seperate folders for each instance.
DUH! Why didn't I think of this before? Of course! Thanks as always Bob

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just picked up my second SDS200 today. I am trying to get it setup with ProScan, but I am having issues connecting the audio to the second scanner. All the settings between the two scanners are identical except for the IP address. I am able to connect to the scanner in proscan and see the display, but when I try to setup the audio, all I get is TCP Not Connected and UDP not connected. I have power cycled the scanner, disabled the IP and re-enabled, and changed the IP with no success. There isn't anything else connected to the audio stream. Any suggestions on what I can try next? Thanks!

If running AVG antivirus software don't use that as that will break the TCP connection.
Double and triple check that the IP address is correct in ProScan.
Try power cycling the scanner again.

So, I dug some more and I think my issue is the two scanners are using the same TCP port. Is there a way to change one of them?
Each scanner is using a different IP address so the same scanner TCP port 554 is irrelevant.
{edit} No way to change the scanner TCP port of 554 as that is fixed and is specified in the RTSP specs.

signguy10

Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I have tried all that as well. I've rebooted the scanner about 100 times, I've cleared all my settings on the scanner and re-entered everything, checked it all on Proscan multiple times, tried auto-detect to set the IP. Nothing seems to be working.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately I have tried all that as well. I've rebooted the scanner about 100 times, I've cleared all my settings on the scanner and re-entered everything, checked it all on Proscan multiple times, tried auto-detect to set the IP. Nothing seems to be working.

Is the scanner connected to a router or switch and not directly to the computer? Do you have two routers running?

signguy10

It is plugged into a switch and then into the router. I only have one router. I have also tried connecting using two different computers. I shut down the other completely before trying to reconnect.

signguy10

The IP is set to that on the scanner. Other scanner is LAN, set to 192.168.1.51 and I have no issues with that scanner.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The IP is set to that on the scanner. Other scanner is LAN, set to 192.168.1.51 and I have no issues with that scanner.

For a test, power off that scanner and unload the ProScan instance connected to that scanner then see if the other starts to work.

signguy10

For a test, power off that scanner and unload the ProScan instance connected to that scanner then see if the other starts to work.
Still nothing. Powered down the working scanner, uninstalled the good instance completely, tried connecting to the new scanner with no success. Unstalled both, tried to connect to new scanner with nothing, connected to old scanner just fine. Tried connecting to the old one again, nothing. Restarted computer, still getting TCP Not Connected and UDP Not Connected, but the display is updating.

signguy10

Is there such a thing as a faulty scanner that won't connect to audio? I am still able to return it if need be. I just tried connecting to one scanner on one computer and the other scanner on another computer. Still isn't working. The only thing I haven't done is tried a new network.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
You had one working setup and one that didn't work. On the working setup, swap in the scanner that didn't work that way you are using the same computer, router ports, cables, etc. You may have to check the IP address in the scanner and use same IP address in ProScan.

Status
Not open for further replies.