ProScan: ProScan Audio "issues"

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
But for mine power cycle of the sds200 does Not fix it
That sounds like an underlying condition that has to be resolved first. Perhaps check the Router Statistics and/or Logs on the LAN port connected to the scanner for any clues.

{EDIT} I've never heard of power cycling the scanner not fixing the issue so I would double and triple check for an underlying condition.

Last edited:

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
But did you not admit to running OPEN SOURCE FIRMWARE. I build networks for video security and access control and I get called often to fix DIY or untrained installers often. You have ask what is causing your problem we have shown you causes but until you stop the dropped packets or timeouts you will still have problems. There are 2 places to look 1 Router 2 PC settings Firewall Network card Antivirus Software.

W8WCA

But did you not admit to running OPEN SOURCE FIRMWARE. I build networks for video security and access control and I get called often to fix DIY or untrained installers often. You have ask what is causing your problem we have shown you causes but until you stop the dropped packets or timeouts you will still have problems. There are 2 places to look 1 Router 2 PC settings Firewall Network card Antivirus Software.
The STOCK Firmware in a WRT1900ACS is OpenSource - OpenSource is not Hacked software

Lets end this sillyness!

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
We have offered help.
Copied from LINKSYS SITE. Linksys Official Support - OpenWRT firmware information and download links
Introduction

What is open source firmware?

Open source firmware is firmware built by a community of users which can allow a device (in this case – your router) to create new functionality by providing a firmware and an open source build system that lets you customize and personalize the software on your router. An open source build system like this is most often used by advanced users who require more options, the trade off is that usually open source firmware requires more manual configuration for many tasks.

Should I use open source firmware?

Open source firmware is for users who are familiar with building and debugging their own software or for users with advanced technical requirements. If you are unfamiliar with using open source firmware, you should study open source community forums and get advice from experienced users before installing. You should also ensure the image you are installing has been validated by others first. Open source firmware also requires more knowledge and manual maintenance for updates in some cases.

Does Linksys provide technical support and warranty for open source firmware?

While Linksys fully embraces the open source community and is providing open source capabilities and making it the best solution available to the community, we do not offer technical support on using this firmware. Our customer assistance department will not be able to help troubleshoot issues when using open source firmware and installing third party firmware is done at your own risk. Linksys also does not warrant open source firmware. Please seek the advice of the open source community pages if you’re unsure how to use or install a third party firmware.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
W8WCA, So far, I'm not getting any feedback so I'm not I can help any longer.

Can you answer these questions. 2nd and 3rd time (via email) I asked.
What ProScan version are you using?
What scanner firmware version are you using?
Did you check the Router Statistics and/or Logs on the LAN port connected to the scanner for any clues?
Are you running AVG antivirus software?
Are you running multiple instances of ProScan trying to connect to the same scanner audio?
Did you run VLC to narrow down the problem?

W8WCA

W8WCA, So far, I'm not getting any feedback so I'm not I can help any longer.

Can you answer these questions. 2nd and 3rd time (via email) I asked.
What ProScan version are you using?
What scanner firmware version are you using?
Did you check the Router Statistics and/or Logs on the LAN port connected to the scanner for any clues?
Are you running AVG antivirus software?
Are you running multiple instances of ProScan trying to connect to the same scanner audio?
Did you run VLC to narrow down the problem?

My FIRST Post had "ProScan is current 16.8 And my SDS200 has current Firmware (I have doubts they will ever update it - I hope I am wrong)" It also had I always keep things up to date
My 2nd Post had "I do run Avast AntiVirus."
No - I only have 1 Scanner so run one copy of ProScan
I did not run VLC - I take it you are talking about using VLC to Stream audio?
If so I have never done that so I will have to look it up.
(I run DarkIce and IceCast on Linux server at home sometimes so I should be able to get VLC to stream)

I do run my SDR-IQ as a server (via SDR-Anywhere or SpectraVue )and stream audio from it fine.

W8WCA

I just set VLC to use the SDS200 (Without ProScan Running and audio is fine.

I guess I will leave it run for a day or 2 to see what happens?

I decided to stick in here - if the off chance someone else has similar problems.

I wonder if it is a problem with the SDS200 it's self?
I sure wish they would come up with a firmware update

W8WCA

Another thing I have had to do a few times - enable and disable the LAN

That seems like it may be a hdw/firmware issue with the SDS200?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Another thing I have had to do a few times - enable and disable the LAN

That seems like it may be a hdw/firmware issue with the SDS200?
So that's using VLC? Does a scanner power cycle work or do you need to go in to the scanner menu and disable the IP assignment?
I think it's a combination of the network & the scanner firmware. If a problem on the network then the scanner audio module stops and doesn't recover. I think a watchdog timer can cure that.

W8WCA

So that's using VLC? Does a scanner power cycle work or do you need to go in to the scanner menu and disable the IP assignment?
I think it's a combination of the network & the scanner firmware. If a problem on the network then the scanner audio module stops and doesn't recover. I think a watchdog timer can cure that.
That is possible but again I no not think I have any network issues nothing else ever misses
Audio stream from SDR-IQ, video stream from plex media server I run on my linux server etc

An as far as what fixes it that is either power cycle sds200, re do Sds200 IP
And once nothing at all worked until I uninstalled and renstalled ProScan.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That is possible but again I no not think I have any network issues nothing else ever misses
Audio stream from SDR-IQ, video stream from plex media server I run on my linux server etc

An as far as what fixes it that is either power cycle sds200, re do Sds200 IP
And once nothing at all worked until I uninstalled and renstalled ProScan.

Maybe it's the Ethernet cable or connection at the scanner or router. Try swapping out the Ethernet cable or wiggle the connections and watch the amber light on the scanner LAN interface to see if it goes out.

W8WCA

Well The Cat5e cable I had on it was brand new !

BUT I replaced it with another cat5 cable I had around, and I have not had an issue since then!

So - I was Wrong - I did have a network problem!

Sorry but thanks for keeping with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.