ProScan Custom Search Editing

Status
Not open for further replies.

hightime

Using Proscan, to my knowledge, that is the only way to edit custom search. In sentinel you would use Edit Profile and Custom search tab. That shows all the custom searches, limits, and other options

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Using Proscan, to my knowledge, that is the only way to edit custom search. In sentinel you would use Edit Profile and Custom search tab. That shows all the custom searches, limits, and other options
Great. But how do I do it with the ProScan software? That's my question. I don't care about Sentinel.

Btw I'm using a 436.

phask

Premium Subscriber
Great. But how do I do it with the ProScan software? That's my question. I don't care about Sentinel.

Btw I'm using a 436.
Don't think you can, that data is part of the profile and ProScan does not touch the profile.

Simple to use Sentinel - or even the keyboard.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
Don't think you can, that data is part of the profile and ProScan does not touch the profile.

Simple to use Sentinel - or even the keyboard.
I was almost positive I saw it come up on screen to do but can't seem to find it now.

I just bought this software so I'm slowly getting used to it. Definitely a bit more technical compared to ARC but I would've thought that this would be a simple enough process to complete without doing it on the radio.

Atleast I still have ARC to do it with then. But this sucks if that's a feature not there. Why would they not include this capability to be able to edit custom search ranges?

ka3aaa

Premium Subscriber
go to the history logging screen, then click on the database tab and you will get additional tabs under the database tab. the one you is located there.

good luck.

phask

Premium Subscriber
go to the history logging screen, then click on the database tab and you will get additional tabs under the database tab. the one you is located there.

good luck.

Not on the 536 (x series) the database tab is non-existent, instead, it's a favorite editor. Tab does exist on 996, etc.

IdleMonitor

Premium Subscriber
I see nowhere right now to be able to edit my custom searches.

The only way I actually see the spot for it is if i change the radio type to something that offers the band scope. Ok the 436 doesn't do that but the option for the editing custom searches is there.

But not for the 436

Seriously this isn't available for the 436?

What a let down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.