ProScan ProScan Download Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
I recently got a new computer and attempted to download ProScan. When I did so, my anti-virus flagged it. This also happened when I attempted to download the zip to another computer with a different browser and different anti-virus. Is anyone else getting this recently? I'm not sure whether it's a false alert, or if somehow the site may have been compromised.

Also noteworthy, the RadioFeed and ProScan Free Client zips are not being flagged.

Reconrider

False positive somewhere. Whatever av you have, turn it off so you can download and install - then add an exception. I’m assuming the antivirus is something like norton or avg?

Reconrider

It was flagged by both McAfee and Norton.
Ya that’s normal. The program isn’t filled with a virus. Bob would not be around if it was a virus bundled with it.
Set an exception for that program/turn it off so you can download and install.
I’m honestly surprised you have working internet with both of those installed lol

RadioDitch

Signals Identification Member
Premium Subscriber
Ya that’s normal. The program isn’t filled with a virus. Bob would not be around if it was a virus bundled with it.
Set an exception for that program/turn it off so you can download and install.
I’m honestly surprised you have working internet with both of those installed lol

It was on two different browsers on two different computers, but I've never had an issue before. I've also never had that issue with ProScan before, hence why I was caught off guard.

Reconrider

It was on two different browsers on two different computers, but I've never had an issue before. I've also never had that issue with ProScan before, hence why I was caught off guard.
Oh got ya. I thought the AVs were on the same computer lol.
but no you’ll be fine. If you search rr you’ll see a few people have had the same issues and @ProScan replied to them that the program is safe to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.