ProScan download - McAfee warning that it has viruses, spyware

Status
Not open for further replies.

djones0154

I am getting all sorts of warnings when I go to download. When I accept the risk in McAfee, then I get a windows warning that they just saved my PC from this file. Is this the norm? Any issues when downloaded

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I am getting all sorts of warnings when I go to download. When I accept the risk in McAfee, then I get a windows warning that they just saved my PC from this file. Is this the norm? Any issues when downloaded
You need to have McAfee let you save the file. If their software has put it into "quarantine". you should have an option there to restore the file, and set an exception. I'm using Norton, not McAfee, but these anti-virus programs tend to regard any "new" file that they have not seen, or seen very few times, as being a danger. I got a warning as well, and told Norton to forgettaboutit.

Also see this post in the very long "Official Software Thread for ProScan. Skim down a few more posts, and you'll see the same thing asked again.

djones0154

You need to have McAfee let you save the file. If their software has put it into "quarantine". you should have an option there to restore the file, and set an exception. I'm using Norton, not McAfee, but these anti-virus programs tend to regard any "new" file that they have not seen, or seen very few times, as being a danger. I got a warning as well, and told Norton to forgettaboutit.

Also see this post in the very long "Official Software Thread for ProScan. Skim down a few more posts, and you'll see the same thing asked again.
Thanks you,
I was able to get it loaded. I did searched the Forum as you noted before I posted, but did not have any luck.
Have a great weekend,
Don

Status
Not open for further replies.