ProScan: PROSCAN - Feature Suggestion

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
Allow audio to web server when in client mode.

Use case:
I have SDS200 at work, running PROSCAN on a dedicated Windows 7 PC, which is behind a business firewall which only allows me to VPN to myself at home. At home I run another dedicated Windows 7 PC PROSCAN "Remote Scanner over IP" connected via VPN back to the actual PROSCAN program / PC at work , I would like the PROSCAN Client at home to be able to host a web interface, however I cant chose the correct "internet" audio path.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Allow audio to web server when in client mode.

Use case:
I have SDS200 at work, running PROSCAN on a dedicated Windows 7 PC, which is behind a business firewall which only allows me to VPN to myself at home. At home I run another dedicated Windows 7 PC PROSCAN "Remote Scanner over IP" connected via VPN back to the actual PROSCAN program / PC at work , I would like the PROSCAN Client at home to be able to host a web interface, however I cant chose the correct "internet" audio path.
I don't understand this. When you say "client" Are you talking about the RSOIP client because I see you're mentioning RSOIP besides web server? The Web Server and RSOIP are different features and it's confusing when mixing up features.

I've seen ProScan Web Servers run on corporate firewalls & proxies. If that's what you are asking then maybe someone experienced in that area can chime in.

PROSCAN Client at home to be able to host a web interface
That's not the purpose of the client. Perhaps is's just misworded

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I would like the PROSCAN Client at home to be able to host a web interface
On the instance running the RSOIP Server, turn on the Web Server so a browser connected to the Web Server will show exactly like the RSOIP Client.

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
He's looking to have his PC at home (the RSOIP client of the scanner at work) act as a relay server to get around the firewall restriction at work.

Should be able to accomplish this already. You'll need to install a virtual audio cable on the home PC, and have the RSOIP client output its audio to the virtual cable, then set the input for the web client to the same virtual cable.

If you want to listen to the scanner audio locally, you'll have to also pipe the virtual cable audio out to your speakers.

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber
He's looking to have his PC at home (the RSOIP client of the scanner at work) act as a relay server to get around the firewall restriction at work.

Should be able to accomplish this already. You'll need to install a virtual audio cable on the home PC, and have the RSOIP client output its audio to the virtual cable, then set the input for the web client to the same virtual cable.

If you want to listen to the scanner audio locally, you'll have to also pipe the virtual cable audio out to your speakers.

Exactly! Excellent idea!

I'll give it a whirl when I get to work, since I am already running Virtual Audio with Banana Mixer for 3 other unidens at home.

Thanks GTR8K!

Last edited:

DANE_KI6OAA

Closet Nerd
Premium Subscriber

@GTR8000 This worked perfectly! Redirected RSOIP to V-A-C "D" Input, then directed Web Server to V-A-C "D" Output!

Thank you so very much!!!

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm not quite sure how to frame this request, but I'll give it a try. This specific to the x36HP scanners, at least I think so.

Some years back there was a discussion about information that isn't shown on the scanner display. Oddly enough (to me) when scanning a trunked system the site name only shows when the scanner is actively ID scanning or ID Searching. Once the scanner stops on a TG, the Site is no longer displayed.

UPMan explained that it really just a matter of screen real estate and a decision had to be made what to show. Which is understandable.

ProScan does a great job reproducing the front panel of the scanners it works with, but it also carries over that display characteristic.

Would it be possible to make the display area on Pro Scan slightly larger to display that data? As an alternative, would it be possible to alternate the display of the "Department" and "Site" as the 325P2 and some of the earlier scanners do?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Would it be possible to make the display area on Pro Scan slightly larger to display that data? As an alternative, would it be possible to alternate the display of the "Department" and "Site" as the 325P2 and some of the earlier scanners do?

I don't think so. I think the virtual display in ProScan should resemble the actual display exactly.

ezdropper

Premium Subscriber
Is there any way to have the history log show Department/Channel combined like it does System/Site?

Last edited:

Syncopations

Hears voices in my head.
Premium Subscriber
I have an idea. On my SDS units, I'm able to change the data that's displayed at the bottom part of the screen. On ProScan History Logging, the grid always shows the same data. Would it be possible to allow changing of the data categories? Example, instead of TONE or UID, how about being able to change it to show D-Error or some other data?