Proscan Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmyJoD2

Premium Subscriber
Hi,
I have been struggling with this for quite a while and have read almost ever thread on these forums. Also have made every change imaginal and now am so far down the rabbit hole...

Scanner SDS200, attached via ethernet to the first port on my Cox Panoramic wifi. Captures for about 3-4 secs, then drops. I have disabled the McAffee virus software and it still drops. Bit longer by a few seconds but drops. Know that the IP is good and reading on the scanner. Have run via USB the scanner to computer/proscan and that work ( obviously no audio) and it does not drop. Have tried pinging, and it definitely is dropping packets with a hard red line.

Any help or suggestions are appreciated. Pretty quick learner normally, though much better at plug and play these days.

AmyJoD2

Premium Subscriber
As I continue to try and trouble shoot, this has to be a Fire Wall issue. I have been able to hear audio, and here is the info sent with the firewall history. I thought I had this set correctly, obviously I do not. any suggestions or places I might look for direction.

Thanks, Amy
1658678456557.png

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
As I continue to try and trouble shoot, this has to be a Fire Wall issue. I have been able to hear audio, and here is the info sent with the firewall history. I thought I had this set correctly, obviously I do not. any suggestions or places I might look for direction.

Thanks, Amy
View attachment 124856
I don't know what program is generating that message. It may be Windows Defender Firewall. You may have to go to the Windows Defender Firewall then "Allow apps to communicate through Windows Defender Firewall".

The part of the message regarding UDP port 1900 is misleading. ProScan doesn't open that port.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
It could be another program is triggering that message. I would still check the Windows Defender Firewall allow apps.

AmyJoD2

Premium Subscriber
Still working on it. Get a little more of both the visual and audio before it cuts out. Appreciate the help. Will figure it out yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.