ProScan Hit counter reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

Seymourmtn

Premium Subscriber
Greetings all

Trying to reset Log Hit Counter to zero. Click and nothing happens. Have tried highlighting single and all rows and still no luck.

Any thoughts?

Thsnks
Doug

kibler

Feed Provider
Hello,,,,,,,,,,,In the past as I remember, the reset won't take place until a same Frequency is logged the next time again! In other words it resets each frequency one at a time! or Hi-light a part of or all and it will reset one at a time! Thanks

Last edited:

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
I'm having the same issue. Seems to me if you reset the hits, they should return to zero immediately.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
That's by designed. The Hits counters doesn't reset the hits already logged. It has always been that way. No work was done in this area for years.

Last edited:

dodgerboi84

Hits

I know this is probably answered somewhere else, however I was wondering what are HITS? I see it on my ProScan.. I know it's a newbie question.. Thanks

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I know this is probably answered somewhere else, however I was wondering what are HITS? I see it on my ProScan.. I know it's a newbie question.. Thanks
If you're running logging via ProScan. "hits" are the number of times the scanner has found and monitored transmissions on a specific frequency or talkgroup. There is a setting under options to disregard transmissions of less than 2 seconds. That eliminates recording hits when nothing of any substance was received.

The more hits logged, the busier a given channel (conventional or trunked system talkgroup) is. It's particularly useful in determining whether a newly licensed frequency, or new, unidentified talkgroup, is being used.

Status
Not open for further replies.