Proscan : Loadable/Interchangeable History/Record/UID Grid Log.txt?

adsbgreenock

Hi Bob,

I emailed you a little while ago (approx 2 releases ago), to kindly enquire if its at all possible to make the History/Record/UID grid log text files loadable/interchangeable in proscan.

Here in UK we don't have a database and rely heavily on the proscan logs to help match up systems/tgids etc.

I've upgraded and swapped PCs a couple of times or even reimaged windows due to problems and each time I've lost all of my logs and am unable to get them into the current install. it's soul destroying to start again.

I would love to be able to have an option to open my previous logs in proscan if its possible.

Thank you for your time + keep up the good work

Much appreciated

Regards

Rab
Scotland UK

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
All of the log files are stored as plain text files. If using Windows 10/11, they are normally located in the ProScan directory if you've installed to C:\ProScan\, otherwise they might be in C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\ProScan\ if you've installed in C:\Program Files (x86)

You grab those files and dump that onto the new PC, and you're back in business.

1680205773904.png

adsbgreenock

Hi there.

I had those files in the default C/proscan but each time I've uninstalled / reinstalled overwrites the files. Maybe that's my bad for not moving them then lol

Thanks man

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin
Gotcha. Yeah, back them up before doing anything drastic if you care about the data.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Hi there.

I had those files in the default C/proscan but each time I've uninstalled / reinstalled overwrites the files. Maybe that's my bad for not moving them then lol

Thanks man

Uninstalling shouldn't remove the logging or config files. You may have deleted them. See if they are in the Recycle Bin. Before restoring the files, stop ProScan first.

adsbgreenock

Uninstalling shouldn't remove the logging or config files. You may have deleted them. See if they are in the Recycle Bin. Before restoring the files, stop ProScan first.
OK I think I have it now.. So as long as I replace the newly installed .txts in the C:\Proscan folder with my older full Gridlog.txts they'll repopulate the screen in proscan Bob?

Thanks for chiming in

Regards

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
OK I think I have it now.. So as long as I replace the newly installed .txts in the C:\Proscan folder with my older full Gridlog.txts they'll repopulate the screen in proscan Bob?

Thanks for chiming in

Regards
Copying the .txt files into the ProScan folder will overwrite any exiting log files so you may want to use a text editor to merge the two together. Do that with ProScan stopped.