Proscan Multiple Scanners remote over IP

Status
Not open for further replies.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
I want to control a bcd996xt and bcd996t at a remote location using two PC's using ProScan.
(One pc and two scanners at the remote location, and one Client PC)

I already saw a thread showing that I can control the two scanners with ProScan.

Link:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc.../187076-multiple-scanners-single-control.html

But can I display and control both scanners remotely over IP from my client pc on one screen? Perhaps put the audio from each scanner on different stereo channels?

Would I have to use a proscan license for each scanner, or share one license on the remote pc?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I want to control a bcd996xt and bcd996t at a remote location using two PC's using ProScan.

I already saw a thread showing that I can control the two scanners with ProScan.

Link:

http://forums.radioreference.com/sc.../187076-multiple-scanners-single-control.html

But can I display and control both scanners remotely over IP from my client pc on one screen? Perhaps put the audio from each scanner on different stereo channels?

Yes full remote control with display on one screen. One scanner can feed the left channel and the other scanner feed the right channel.
Would I have to use a proscan license for each scanner, or share one license on the remote pc?

It sounds like you will be using one computer on the server side and one on the client side so no additional licenses needed. Each license covers two computers regardless of the amount of scanners.

Last edited:

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
Thank You. Would I be able to record remotely as well? How would the PC record traffic from separate scanners simultaneously?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thank You. Would I be able to record remotely as well?
Yes, you can record remotely on the client side.

How would the PC record traffic from separate scanners simultaneously?
On the client side, one instance of ProScan records scanner 1 and the other instance records scanner 2. ProScan recording locations can be separate folders depending on how you option each instance of ProScan.

Last edited:

kma371

QRT

Link:

you could use team viewer software to get into the computer itself remotely and run two seperate instances of proscan but I do t think that's what your trying to do.

mike6pmnews

Premium Subscriber
How do I split the audio between the two scanners? My laptop only has one audio input (mic)? Is there some kind of splitter? Are the audio output jacks on the 996t and xt mono or stereo?

kma371

QRT
How do I split the audio between the two scanners? My laptop only has one audio input (mic)? Is there some kind of splitter? Are the audio output jacks on the 996t and xt mono or stereo?

you can buy those USB sound cards from eBay for $1.00

Status
Not open for further replies.