Proscan newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
Wow....nice scanner bcd996p2. It took me a while but got the frequences in and running. But id like a channel or learn how to make a bank or channel to scan just 6 frequences in town. Now im scanning town,statetroopers,other towns ect....fun.:sneaky: Especially after figuring things out. Txs all...

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Wow....nice scanner bcd996p2. It took me a while but got the frequences in and running. But id like a channel or learn how to make a bank or channel to scan just 6 frequences in town. Now im scanning town,statetroopers,other towns ect....fun.:sneaky: Especially after figuring things out. Txs all...
The 996P2, and other Uniden DMA scanners, do not have banks as did models quite some time ago. However, you can still create systems, conventional or trunked, and group them together to be simultaneously turned on or off, as you did with the old banks scanners, by using quick keys. You have 100 quick keys that can be used for systems and sites, numbered 0 through 99. Create a selection of systems and assign them all the same quick key, then you can enable, or disable them, all at the same time, mimicking turning a "bank" on or off.

For your six frequencies that you wish to concentrate on.you can put all of them in one system, or a separate system for each. Just assign the same QK to all of them. See the link below for more ideas:

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
Copy.....ill try tonight. Yes i noticed no banks. I understand make system name it but gotta see read about quick keys.

Sonnyhad3

Newbie here also, this programming is confusing ! Probably not as tough as I make it out to be, but I guess I'm afraid to mess up. I have the 996p2 and want to put the trunk system in for the state mpscs system, does that all import as one of do you pick and choose within the system before you import?

Aircargo

Premium Subscriber
I figured out the import with clipboard thingy... I saw a SILENT video that helped more then the ones talking,lol. Anyway... I just gotta figure out the quick keys or dividing systems like hiegtx trying to explain. Im trying...:giggle:

Sonnyhad3

I figured out the import with clipboard thingy... I saw a SILENT video that helped more then the ones talking,lol. Anyway... I just gotta figure out the quick keys or dividing systems like hiegtx trying to explain. Im trying...:giggle:
A lot more to this than I thought!

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Newbie here also, this programming is confusing ! Probably not as tough as I make it out to be, but I guess I'm afraid to mess up. I have the 996p2 and want to put the trunk system in for the state mpscs system, does that all import as one of do you pick and choose within the system before you import?
When trying to import a large statewide system, such as MPSCS, you can choose which transmit sites you want, as well as which departments (agencies, cities or counties, fire & police departments, among others) and import them into a programming file. For sites, only program the ones in range of your location. For talkgroups, import only those within range, in your local area. Generally, each site only carries radio traffic for areas that the signal covers. So, while you can see talkgroups for a different city or county, well away from your area, when looking at your import options, there is no point importing their talkgroups. The only time you might hear out of area traffic is when a unit from that distant area has come into your vicinity, usually on official business like dropping off or picking up a prisoner or documents. In that limited scenario, if he or she has their radio still set on their local talkgroup, that traffic would also show up in your area until they either left the area, or changed their radio to a YGID local to you.

Sonnyhad3

When trying to import a large statewide system, such as MPSCS, you can choose which transmit sites you want, as well as which departments (agencies, cities or counties, fire & police departments, among others) and import them into a programming file. For sites, only program the ones in range of your location. For talkgroups, import only those within range, in your local area. Generally, each site only carries radio traffic for areas that the signal covers. So, while you can see talkgroups for a different city or county, well away from your area, when looking at your import options, there is no point importing their talkgroups. The only time you might hear out of area traffic is when a unit from that distant area has come into your vicinity, usually on official business like dropping off or picking up a prisoner or documents. In that limited scenario, if he or she has their radio still set on their local talkgroup, that traffic would also show up in your area until they either left the area, or changed their radio to a YGID local to you.
Thanks man

Status
Not open for further replies.