ProScan not reading aviation correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris0516

I know the title is confusing.(So, Mods. Move this to the 'Aircraft Monitoring' forum. If you feel it should be there.)

What I am referring to, is this:

On ZTL Sector 33(Charlotte High). It shows up as 'ctor 3 Charlotte High'. Does the abridgment of the frequency listing. Have to do with settings in ProScan?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Where do you see that? RadioReference Import or scanner display?
If it's in the RadioReference Import dialog then check or uncheck the option Channels - Use Description Names or Display Names.
If that's not it then trace the problem from the scanner back to the source or from the source to the scanner.

Chris0516

Where do you see that? RadioReference Import or scanner display?
If it's in the RadioReference Import dialog then check or uncheck the option Channels - Use Description Names or Display Names.
If that's not it then trace the problem from the scanner back to the source or from the source to the scanner.
RR is fine. It turns out to be. The number of spaces in the frequency title. There are others that have longer titles'. So, That only makes partial sense.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
RR is fine. It turns out to be. The number of spaces in the frequency title. There are others that have longer titles'. So, That only makes partial sense.
What do you mean by "frequency title"? Where do you see that? Do you mean "The number of characters in the Channel Name"?
What type of scanner? I see you sig shows UBCD325p2. Is that what you're using?
How is it showing in the ProScan database and using the scanner menu?

Chris0516

What do you mean by "frequency title"? Where do you see that? Do you mean "The number of characters in the Channel Name"?
What type of scanner? I see you sig shows UBCD325p2. Is that what you're using?
How is it showing in the ProScan database and using the scanner menu?
Yes, The number of characters in the Channel Name. I checked the specifics on my scanner.

System: ARTCC
Group: ZTL
RCAG: (Greensboro)'33 Charlotte High'.

The entire name of this particular RCAG, is too long for the number of allowed characters. That is the part that doesn't make sense. Because '29 LEEON Low'. Is from the same RCAG, and has no spacing problem.

Chris0516

That's 37 characters and the scanner allows only 16 assuming you're using a UBCD325p2 .
Plus the scanner doesn't accept apostrophes in the name fields.

That's 14 characters
Heavens, Not the apostrophes.:eek: I used the apostrophes. So, You would know the names of the specific frequencies. I put the name of the RCAG in parentheses. So you could look it up, if you wanted to.

N9JCQ

Premium Subscriber
In the database, you will see a field called "Alphatag." I use these on my 325P2. They are meant to display enough to understand what you are listening to.88516

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I see what's going on. The last 16 characters are importing. If you want the first 16 characters then choose the option circled or like you did with changing to the Alpha name since those are less characters.

Last edited:

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I just thought the spacing could be manipulated to allow the entire description.
Negative. The text fields will accept only 16 characters just like the scanner. That way you know from the get go that only 16 characters are accepted. Otherwise you could spend hours making all the text fields exactly like you want them with 20 or 30 characters then after an upload, you find that only the first 16 characters were accepted.

Chris0516

On a side note. While I don't have an antenna on the roof. I do have a telescopic antenna on my BCD325p2.

From my new location(as of Oct.'19; not on a hill) in NC. On the NC ZDC RCAG listing. I can pick all of ZDC:
View attachment 88841
-Except for Sector 24 n' Sector 35.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I tried multiple times to get all of the NC RCAG. But it wouldn't include Sector 35 Wilmington. Sector 24 is Cofield Low

Sector 24 Augusta Low. Is part of the ZLT GA RCAG. Not the ZDC NC RCAG.
It works here. I choose Alpha Tags. You could use Description and Use First 16 Characters... if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.