ProScan: Proscan not recording with line-in (Windows 10)

Status
Not open for further replies.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
Using the computer line-in input connected to the earphone out jack on my BCD436HP: Scanner audio comes through the computer speaker, but does not register in Audio Control tab. Input Device choices are shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Dave N0HMI in St. Louis

Attachments

• ProScanAudio.JPG
    ProScanAudio.JPG
    105.3 KB · Views: 46

Saint

Premium Subscriber
Using the computer line-in input connected to the earphone out jack on my BCD436HP: Scanner audio comes through the computer speaker, but does not register in Audio Control tab. Input Device choices are shown in the attached screenshot.

Thanks,
Dave N0HMI in St. Louis
Did you check your audio settings in Windows

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
Did you check your audio settings in Windows
Yes, and ran pre-boot diagnostics. Recording from computer microphone works fine. Line-in selection works fine. Otherwise I couldn’t hear scanner audio through computer speakers. Thanks

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
The OS is reporting an error when trying to open the Line In input. I would double check and triple check the Win Mixer. Does the Line In show as enabled?
Untitled.png

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
Thanks you much. I've attached 2 jpgs to illustrate that line in is enabled and that I can hear the scanner audio through the computer audio

Dave N0HMI STL

Attachments

• Sound Settings.JPG
    Sound Settings.JPG
    27.5 KB · Views: 40
  • Line in Properties.JPG
    Line in Properties.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 38

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Thanks you much. I've attached 2 jpgs to illustrate that line in is enabled and that I can hear the scanner audio through the computer audio

Dave N0HMI STL
Thanks for the screenshots. Looks okay. The only other ideal is perhaps a computer reboot.

{edit} Perhaps another software has an exclusive lock on the Line In Input but not sure.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
Rebooted several times. May try ArcPatrol (Butel) to see if problem is some obscure ProScan setting. Or uninstall-reinstall ProScan. I’ll try both

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
In ProScan, you could try to set the Input Sound Device to None then back to Primary or Line In. Advise on your findings.

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
I think the problem is with Windows 10, not ProScan.

Switching Input Sound Device back and forth to None did not help.

Neither Arc536Pro nor Audacity would record line input audio.

In both cases, scanner audio plays through built-in computer speakers.

Windows 10 native microphone record works fine, as does Zoom audio test via built-in microphone.

Other ideas?

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I think the problem is with Windows 10, not ProScan.

Switching Input Sound Device back and forth to None did not help.

Neither Arc536Pro nor Audacity would record line input audio.

In both cases, scanner audio plays through built-in computer speakers.

Windows 10 native microphone record works fine, as does Zoom audio test via built-in microphone.

Other ideas?
The only other ideals I have are:
1) Change the Line In to Disable then back to Enable.
2) This may be a long shot but check the Privacy Settings - Microphone and then change some of the settings and see what happens.

mr10pt

Premium Subscriber
Please remember when software is designed, everything "US" users can NOT be thought of during it's concept. Personally, I'm happy for what ProScan is and, that Bob continues to offer input to remedy situations and make improvements to his product. Thanks Bob for all your hours involved making this the most awesome product it is. I'm only 3 years into "digital" scanning (lifelong analog owner) but love the hell out of ProScan!

crowleyd102

Premium Subscriber
The radio is battery powered, so I don't think a loop involving the AC mains is involved. But it's an interesting suggestion. I can test it later with my battery-powered laptop.

buddrousa

Premium Subscriber
It is to isolate the type AUDIO AMP used in the 436 from the PC it is not a common ground and seeing the ground in the PC AUDIO circuit could cause you problems. I use isolators on all my Uniden Handhelds to PROSCAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.